Update Bio Offline

I wish we could update bios without waking up the character. I know it may sound silly but sometimes I want to edit my bio without showing I am online.

1 Like

I was about to suggest this!
I agree, it’d be a nice feature.

Maybe we could have a pencil/edit icon beside the settings button in the character’s drop-down.

This has been suggested before. There’s some good feedback below as to why it’s not a thing.

4 Likes

I find the reasoning a little odd. What is to stop someone being awake, and typing Hello All in their bio and going to sleep. Not like anyone is sitting there, opening bios just to read random one off messages. Seems very corner case. Not to mention there is a text limit in the gender box. It’s fine if they don’t want to add it, seems odd is all.

I agree that it is slightly odd reasoning. But not completely odd.
I just imagine how I would feel by seeing a character changing desc/gender/tags/etc. while they are asleep. And my conclusion is - I wouldn’t like that.

But, I fully understand the desire to work on your characters while lurking.
I would do so myself.
And so far, I’ve done it by editing my description or so in a text editor, then pasting in the text next time I am awake.

So, if we can come up with a good place to edit character profiles while asleep, that would work well with me.

2 Likes

What about it depending where your character is at? If it’s asleep in your owned area, then would it matter as much? I get the instance of things randomly changing while someone goes asleep in public.