Suggestion: Redesign the message just a bit

Even though I never had issues with people messaging me, there are some times when it was getting confusing. While at the Taohi Onsen, someone messaged me and questioned if I was messaging them since there are two Nick’s online at the time. It does seem that there isn’t the ability to see the last name. You could hover over it but the person at the time was on mobile, so you won’t be able to see the last name.

In my proposal, the text “Message” should be changed to “Message from (Character)” so people playing the game on a mobile device with the same first names would see who messaged them, and instead of typing their full name, there should be a reply button just below the message so you wouldn’t have to go over the hassle of typing everything manually.

Here is what the proposal would look like, with Nick explaining what he would rather spend 180K on a Supra or other vehicles.

If you hover over the blue name plate on a message (or any post) it will give a popup of the full name of the sender and the timestamp.

That being said, it would be nice if you could get the info the other way around. When sending a page/whisper/mail, being able to confirm you sent it to the right person, possibly by having the header have either the full name instead of just the first name, or give it a hover-over like the body of the message has.

I think Wolfery should just show the full name in those to avoid confusion, and do the same for all interactions that don’t require people to be in the same room. My test of doing that is to tab-tab-tab the name when I reply to see if there’s more than one person online with the same name but it’d be just easier to see their full name straight on.

Well, it’s not possible on mobile

1 Like

Meanwhile:
(First name) – writes,

Honestly, it’s long been a problem for me when I am messaging someone. Yes, I CAN hover a mouse over it, but sometimes I don’t think and it would be easier to just glance at the frame title. I have often wished that both sending and receiving had ‘Message to/from First Last’ just so I was certain. This is even more important to me for outgoing messages, since I can’t hover over the name to make sure I sent it to the right person.

1 Like

I think you are right, @Scarlet_Himari, and agree with everyone else : messages and mails should have full name in the label no matter.

I still wonder about whispers though; even if a single room seldom requires it, would it be nice to have it there? Or will it be redundant clutter? But maybe best just to do it for all to see how it feels. We can revert later if needed.

But in any case, we will also make it so that the hover-info will also be available for mobile devices.
See GitHub issue#54 - Message info PopupTip.

1 Like

Created GitHub issue:

Yeah, just in case two Nick’s are in the same room.

1 Like