Spontaneous, irreversible DND

Just a moment ago, I got an error: ‘stuff be happening, sorry’ when I tried messaging someone. After mailing them successfully, they pointed out that I was DND, though I’d not set it myself. Further, I couldn’t get the flag to clear until I re-logged, after which point I was able to get it squared. Setting DND might’ve been an accident via phone in the pocket, but there was at least one point where using set dnd wasn’t changing the flag.

I have to admit, I used the wrong mental expansion for DND when I first read the headline of your post. I guess it’s just as well that nobody’s figured out how to make Dungeons and Dragons both spontaneous and irreversible.

1 Like

I think the issue was them, not you, @FoxLancaster-Okami.

They were set to DND, and they had the DND message set to:

stuff be happening, sorry

And when they tried to message you, they got the below error:

They then misinterpreted this as error as it being YOU being set to DND, while the truth was the opposite. You, Fox, never had DND active at all.

So, things are working as intended. However, I realize I need to improve:

• the error message shown when trying to message while set as DND
  • the way the DND message is presented back to the one attempting to message, so that it doesn’t just say: “Not sent to Accipiter”
    Maybe it should say “Accipiter is set as Do not Disturb”
2 Likes

Should say ‘Accipiter is set as Do not Disturb’. ‘Message not sent’ always felt cryptic.

2 Likes

Maybe change image to ‘You cannot send messages while you have Do Not Disturb enabled.’ to more definitely point out the sender is the one with DND enabled. Also the other change as well.

3 Likes

Ah! That would make sense- I don’t think I’ve ever set DND myself, so I’d not recognize the difference! Some kind of indicator on the receiving end that’s not player-set might be good, then.

Created GitHub issue: