Release v1.2.0 - Idle indicators and command formatting

In this version I added some new feature, the idle indicators being the biggest. But some other neat stuff too.

Features

Idle indicators
The In Room list now shows different colors for the names depending on their level of idleness:

• white - active
  • yellow - >15 min idle
  • red - >60 min idle

The idle status is also added to the extra info in the Awake list in the Realm panel.

Command formatting
Enclosing some text in `backticks` will format the text as a command example. See:

help format

Improvements

Rule update
Divisive and inflammatory OOC topics are not allowed at all, anywhere (not just in public). Take it to Discord instead.

Renamed Playername
Playername is renamed to Account name in the login screen, to hopefully make it more clear.

Gohome alias
A new alias, gohome, is added for the home command.

Max limits
Characters, rooms, and exits now have max limits. They are currently set to 10 characters, 20 rooms, and 100 (?) exits per room.

Additional console editor key shortcuts
Cmd+Up, Cmd+Down has been added as shortcuts for cycling through the console history. Also, Ctrl/Cmd+P and Ctrl/Cmd+N are added.

Bug fixes

Possibly fixed LastPass issue
Added attributes to the login that hopefully helps password managers, such as LastPass, to find and store the password. I also added a note about the issue to the login page, with a link to the forum.

Create exit to same room
Fixed a minor bug causing the room name not to show in chat log when creating an exit leading to the same room.

No wakeup/sleep messages in dark rooms
Dark rooms no longer shows any wakeup or sleep messages to other characters.

1 Like

((This thread should possibly be in the Releases category))

The rule update seems heavy, but also fair enough so long as there aren’t rules about people sharing links privately to one another for meeting up on another service.

Max 10 Characters per account feels as if it will simply be sidestepped by alternate account creation, but honestly, people can simply rename a character if they need a new name for something? I do know some people on Taps who have probably hundreds of characters - but on that site there isn’t a surname requirement so many it won’t be as name squatterish over here since its harder to lock down names. Spose if somebody needs more than 10 for some reason they can always plead their case as to why they need that many and just ask you.

1 Like

Yes. My mistake!

Rule update
I just didn’t want the “public” distinction to became a point of argue. Is a popular teleport-only (not connected by exits) area public? Doesn’t matter anymore.
Of course, if two players willingly argue alone in a room or over messages/whispers, they will not ruin the mood for anyone else. Moderators will not even know about it. Though, this rule update allows anyone entering such a room to refer to the rule, and ask them to take it elsewhere.

Links to other platforms are okay. Spamming and disrupting with ads is not.

Character limits
Yeah, most importantly I need the game to have a limit. 10, 20 or 100? It can easily be changed. But now it is not unlimited at least.

2 Likes