Notes and Watchlist

I am not certain how this would be implemented but it would be helpful if I could filter notes on characters based on specific ones. I have 2 alts that know several characters but keeping the notes separate is rather challenging and it would be nice if I wanted to read notes from a specific character, it would be helpful.

Also, it could be beneficial if your watch list was matched with your active characters so that it was not always full of all watched characters but those specific to your active characters at that moment.

I could be wrong that no one else would want these but some quality-of-life pieces may help.

2 Likes

This could be a useful implementation, however I find it really nice to see all of my watched characters online at once.
Solutions?
Maybe they could be sorted by colour - each character you own has an associated colour and any characters watched on that character will be watched with a color matching the character watching. Maybe their name in the watch list will be the colour matching the watcher and sorted ^w^.
Or maybe we could add a color argument after the watch command? ((I think that command exists))

1 Like

I actually really like that idea. I mean maybe the colors are collapsible so that the list is not enormous if you don’t want it to be.

The other idea would be to mark characters that are being watched by specific characters. Maybe its a dropdown and you can view the entirety of the list as it currently stands, then maybe you select a character from the your dropdown and the list filters to those that are being watched by that character?

Notes and Watches are two different features.

Notes per character

I like the idea. But I think we also want global notes.
Maybe, when editing notes, you have two text area?

• Global notes - Will be seen by you, no matter which character you use
  • Character notes - Will only be seen when controlling the character you used to make the note

Specify which character are watching

Actually, while I never ended up using it, the server already has support for us telling which characters of yours are watching someone.

The initial idea was to allow you to click on someone in the Watch list to see a list of which of your characters have been added as watchers.

Though, I never ended up implementing this.
Maybe I should, and add that sort of filtering by watching character?

1 Like

Acci,

I like both of your suggestions here, not sure if anyone else agrees for a need but I love what your ideas are.

2 Likes

Maybe I should, and add that sort of filtering by watching character?

This sounds like a simple checkbox next to ‘show all’, maybe ‘all watched’? Then you just add another section similar to the divide between watched and unwatched. You would have ‘watched by this char’, ‘watched by other chars’, and ‘all others’.

(I hope this is still in line with this topic, so here goes)

What I’ve done so far is keep tabs on my own characters with what RPs they’re around for not as a post-by-post archive but just bullets of which of what my characters have been up to or were last doing.
It keeps me organized and in the event that a character isn’t around for a couple of days (or even a week+), I am able to see that they were last doing X, met Y and plan on doing Z. Does it add a few more characters to your overall watch list? Sure, but when I can only juggle 2-3 characters at one time tops, it allows me to make sure that they’re sufficiently awake for what is going on with each. And I’ve linked useful character-specific info to certain characters that may have an f-list or a Toyhou.se while not putting those out to the public.

At least for now this works for me and I hope it does for anyone who was able to read through and understand all of this

1 Like