New Bot coming to town

Hey all, a new pal is coming to town, Banker Badger ^w^.

Why should you care? Well, not only will he be a banker but being a bit he will allow you to send and receive money (Sinder Bucks) to each other.

With each player getting a starting 2000Sb I look forward to all business owners being able to feel an extra immersion in the game. With a simple and easy to use Banking Badger.

How easy is easy?

Well, all you need do is type message Banker = send <amount> <playerName> to send money to other fluffs.
However, more features are in planning depending on how well used he is. For example shop IDs that will allow shops to setup prices for different items and have the buyer easily send money to you. As well as creating gifts that can be left around sinder for you to find (have a few ideas but this is a big project). And more.

But… I need your help, not only am I looking to build a bank and I am also horrific with art, so anybody looking to be kind and give me a small helping hand there may be up for some extra compensation however they would like that to be ^w^

Privacy of the bot:
The bot has a strict Character ID (cid) only rule. A character id is simply an id that will reference your player for a machine. It is used to store only you current balance in the realm and no more. After all it would suck if your balance was reset >w<
As well as your balance and cid, when new features are rolled out and some extra data is required to be stored a mail will be sent to let you know exactly what is happening with your data.

So how long until the bot is complete?
I don’t know yet, I am just about to finish my exams at uni then I will have plenty of free time to clean and publish the bot, in the mean time I need to build the character and bank that he will reside in.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated, however please refrain from suggesting any features, I need to get the core of the bot working first. However, any suggested tweaks to the bot or it’s commands are more than welcome ^w^

1 Like

Good job! I hope it uses blockchain under the hood.

1 Like

Hehe, unfortunately not. Just a simple

if STORAGE.get(player.cid) >= command[1]:
    STORAGE.get(bot.getCharacterID(command[2])) += command[1]
    STORAGE.get(player.cid) -= command[1]
    STORAGE.save(player.cid)
    STORAGE.save(STORAGE.get(bot.getCharacterID(command[2])))

if course a few more fail checks are in development ^w^

This is a neat project! Just throwing it out there, but would there be any features that would prevent possible abuse from players making new characters and transferring their balance to say their main character and deleting the “new character” then repeating the process over and over?

1 Like

Unfortunately not as only administrators have any access to the player ID (pid) which is an id that references the player as opposed to the character.
This is to stop any users from discovering which characters are linked.

As I am not an administrator this won’t be possible without some ingenious and hacky solution.
However I may end up reducing the starting currency to zero over time to setup a set amount in circulation. As for now there won’t be anything stopping you from doing this.

Any ideas or solutions to this would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe “holding” periods on large transfers (with a check to see if char still exists, not sure if that’s possible)? Won’t fix issue, but would make it slower and more cumbersome for folks to do this.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s reasonable, because there’s always some way to game the system. You should treat this currency as a RP mechanism and not something more, really. If someone wants to create a whole bunch of new characters for a sake of having more money – let them have it.

2 Likes

That was mostly my idea, however I wanted it to have some more real feeling and long lasting effects that will accumulate over time such as inflation and interest.
But yes, I am fully aware that there is always a way to cheat it, and I don’t think that at the moment it will be too bad if that were to happen, it could allow the currency get into the system much quicker and be an instentive to use the system before it is set to 0.
Then after setting the starting Balance to 0 it could insentivise more behaviours like prostitution and slave trades from poorer players that would like to earn some money.

Hmm, I don’t know if this is the best solution, it would mean that if players wanted to make a large payment - like buying a rare slave/prostitute - would be a bit of a pain, plus it could be a coding nightmare to deal with rate-limiting on specific sums of money >w<.

I agree with Shinyuu that this should be primarily a roleplaying tool and not an actual pseudoeconomy. But in the interest of trying to make cool things cooler, maybe new user characters have to check-in to the bot in order to open an account, then they don’t receive their initial 2k deposit until a grace period has passed. That would dissuade would-be bad actors from rolling out new characters just to amass a large sum of fake RP monies, at least from doing so quickly. Obviously it’s not a perfect solution, but it would mitigate the rapid pump and dump that could potentially happen.

2 Likes

I think that that would be a great idea, I don’t think it will be permanent though ^w^

Yes, what we need an in game currency to avoid having too much fun. Though, the image of any of my characters working at mcdonald’s is hilarious

1 Like

Haha, I don’t have any intentions on it stopping any fun, only expanding on and adding to the pre-existing roleplay.

I am having a little bit of an issue with the way that the characters data is stored and retrieved at the moment as I am struggling to get a characters ID from their username. While I could in fact just use the character name, not the ID. I think it could be a pain for players that may often change their name.

If anybody knows a solution I would be thankful, I posted a question [here]{How to get a characters ID from their character name} but I managed to word it terribly which resulted in a bit of confusion in the replys. So if anyone would be able to give me a little further help I would be very grateful.

I believe this should be possible in the same way as a mail command, also player’s character ID’s are sent to all listening characters when anything is said so I don’t believe that it is something that only an administrator can get a hold of as it’s public information.

So if @farcaller or maybe even @Accipiter (I don’t want to bother you too much) could lend another hint? I don’t really understand JavaScript so I don’t entirely know how to find the anwser myself, all be it I have tried.

Sounds good, but yeah it does sound like this is pretty well thought out so I’ll wait and see how it plays out.

1 Like

To sum up the other thread:

• you cannot get the player ID at all. That’s by design and that’s not gonna change based on my understanding of accipiter’s idea.
  • you can get the character ID iff you know their full name. I’m not sure what JavaScript you’re talking about (is that the “official” bot framework?) but here’s how you could do it in wolfery itself:
1 Like

Ah, I cannot believe how silly I have been >w< the $PlayerID in the previous post I for some reason thought you meant the playerID of the targeted player. I am so sorry to have pinged you like this, how embarrassing ~>w<~

Bot Released! :partying_face:

Hey, been a while, but the bot is finally finished. Thank you to @Accipiter for allowing the bot to access getChar ^w^

Q&A:

Question Anwser
Will it ever go offline? I have no intentions of taking the bot offline. However on the off chance that replit.com’s hosting prices rise above a manageable price then yes, it may go offline until a more affordable host is found.
What are the chances of the bot going rogue? Quite low, I have programmed in the possibility and if the bot ever starts sending unnecessary or questionable packets lots of times then the fail-safe will trip.
Can I see the code? Sure, just ask me here ^w^ but do remember that it is very messy >w<
What are the rules, terms of service and privacy policy? They can be found in the bots about section.
Is my balance safe? This is kinda a hard question, the bot stores all of the data in a non-encrypted JSON file, however as far as I can see there is no way of accessing it. But I am no pentester (a person that breaks into a system to find vulnerabilities and faults in the hope of patching them) so I can’t guarantee that there is no chance of data loss or theft. However, only your public CID is stored so a hacker won’t be able to gain access to your account - neither can I.

Any further questions can be asked below.

Yours sincerely:

~ Ico The Cute Floof

P.S. the bank that Banker badger resides in will be kept off-limits until the bot has extra support for join and leave messages. Sorry.

P.S.2:
The bot needs a lot of attention and upkeep along with a lot of tidying, so if you see the bot online within the test server could I ask that you refrain from using it in the test server ^w^. Thanks x

the bot will be offline for a while, I am having problems with it’s latest update and it refuses to stay awake, please bear with me ^w^

that’s what you say in the sex club~ the expression you’re looking for is ‘bear with me.’

1 Like