New Bot coming to town

>w< thanks x my mistake lol.

So whatā€™s next? well I am thinking about adding daily interest to the bot as well as a gambling system within the bot. Any other ideas would be lovely to hear along with those nasty bugs you may find.

New Release ^w^

New Featureā€¦ Safes:

What are safes you may ask? well, safes are a place where anybody can add money but only those with the password of the safe may remove money from it.

To get started type the following:
M Banker = safe create <The name of your safe here> <the password you want to set to the safe> (Donā€™t include the <>)

From there you can add money to it with:
M Banker = safe add <the name of the safe> <the amount to add>

To take money from it:
M Banker = safe add <the name of the safe> <the amount to take> <the password of the safe>

See M Banker = help for more info.

Changes:

• Updated the help text to include about safes.
  • Moved admin commands from the help text to a new command help admin <password>.
  • Updated the help text to be more user-friendly (lots of people were including the [] and <>).
  • Allowed for the first command to have any capitalization.
  • Added support for the listing of items in stores via safes.
  • Updated the error handling so that if the bot goes offline due to an unexpected and serious error it will log the error and re-boot.
  • Added a profile picture to the character.
  • Added mod logs that will log all actions performed by anyone using a command within the admin commands to get ready to allow for moderation with the bot.

Known issues A character can only have 2 safes and cannot delete them. (This will change along with a way to transfer ownership)

Note: Safes are currently in beta and all events regarding them are being logged, so if you have any issues let me know and I can try and sort it out x

1 Like

Why is the new update taking a while to be released? :thinking:

1. I am re-developing the mucklet bot library from scratch to completely support the client side of Resgate. Why? Not only will it allow for even more features to be rolled out super quickly and larger range of bot uses to be covered but I was also sort of indirectly challenged to do so in this post >w<
  2. The old source code for the bot was all in a single fileā€¦ Ouch, this made debugging and adding in features a big pain.
  3. I found a huge flaw in the original library that would allow for characters to gain access to the computer running it. I bodged a patch for it untill I can finish the new better version.

Sorry for any inconveniences, you will still be able to use the bot but it wonā€™t receive any updates for the time being. (And yes I did make a bit of a bratty move by doing something that I was told would be too hard >w<) Well, I am getting there ^w^

You will not lose your Ballance upon an update either.

~The cute floof Ico

I found a huge flaw in the original library that would allow for characters to gain access to the computer running it.

Is it in this version of the code?

I looked at it pretty closely and didnā€™t find anything, curious why did I miss.

1 Like

Nah, It was in an updated version where I added in a system to see how long each request was taking, However the library made use of an exec function which meant that if you sent a request to the bot that tricked it into thinking it was a lambda function:
M banker = botJsonCommand {"type": "lambda: __import__('os').system('shutdown')"}

This has been fixed by 1 removing the command and 2 removing the module to time it all.

I added the functionality 2 days ago and didnā€™t think it was worthy of mentioning.