Multiple account login results in empty text box

this is happening to a couple of my accounts i have 3 accounts but every character in the two accounts this is happening with will probably show this same bug? idk talonstrike told me to post this here. basically the account i have stacy on and the account i have gobi rags on this is the case. i can wake up any of my characters but no text in the chat box shows at all. talon strike might be able to reiterate or clarify a bit more as i have talked to them on discord. so idk i was told boss wolf would be able to assist…

The impact of this issue. I’m not quite sure, but I suspect a websocket thingy.

1 Like

Hi @Randy_Blackburn!

I can directly tell that the error messages in the screenshot does not originate from the Wolfery’s code, but rather from one of the plugins for Chrome that you use.

However, my guess is that the error messages are unrelated to your issue, since they occur BEFORE loading of the modules (a.k.a. before the game has actually launched).

If my guess is correct, it means I can fix it as soon as I find out where the issue is. But for that, I need your help :slight_smile: . I have a few questions here. You don’t have to answer all. But every answer can help me pinpoint the issue:

1. Does it happen every time you try to wake up a second character?
  2. Does it matter who is the first character you wake up with? (First A then B, vs first B then A)
  3. Does it occur in Microsoft Edge or other browsers?
  4. Does it occur when connecting on mobile.
  5. Does any error appear in the Dev Tools (F12) console when you wake up a second character? (See this topic for instructions on how to check the Dev Tools console)
  6. If it doesn’t always happen, can you tell me what steps you take to make it happen?

Those are the things I can think of right now.

2 Likes

so it just happens when i wake up characters for any of the two accounts i have but doesnt happen with a third account that i have. it doesnt happen on mobile only on google chrome to my knowledge because i dont use any other browser. so to answer other questions no it doesnt matter who the first character is because it also happens with the first character as well. but it happens every time. im not sure if it is an extention because if it is why is it only affecting two of my accounts and not my 3rd?

I’ve added this as a GitHub issue:

I have yet to successfully reproduce the issue.

I’ve been trying to replicate this issue without success.

@Randy_Blackburn, do you still experience it?

I am, for the most part always on 4 different accounts, on 4dl different browsers, and I have not yet ran in this bug.