[Linked] The Clockwork City

Gratings to all,

I bring to your attention and event to the south of Sinder, in the sky with a flash of magic and energy, a city appears, a city of clockwork and stone, suspended in the skies over the ocean, the city is naturally a no combat zone, except in the arena, where the students of Academia practice magic, yes you heard that right, there is an academy, though it is closed at the moment, for renovations.

The city itself is divided into 5 districts, making the shape of a giant gear. The only way to the city is by flying, so the airship station gets the most traffic.

I only hope that people enjoy their time in the Clockwork City.

For builders wanting to look when I’m not online, the starting room is at #id #ccpit469gbrk70sg80ug.

All travel to and from the city is in the form of Airship, and is intended to be connected to the airship network proposed here Airship Hangar/Terminal/Adventure

3 Likes

In addition, the rules of the area is,

In addition to the rules provided by the realm itself (see help rules for details) The Clockwork City and many of it’s sub-areas have the following rules:

Combat is Forbidden
Combat play is not allowed within the city. The only area of The Clockwork City in which Combat Play is OK, is the ‘Arena’, within the ‘Entertainment District’.

No Extreme Themes
This includes but is not limited to: filth and toilet play, extreme gore, substance play (incl. smoking and hard substances, but not alcohol or fantasy elixirs)

The Ruling Class is IC Only, and Only Within the Clockwork City Area and it’s Sub-Areas
Any notion of authority made in-character does not apply directly to out of character authority, please consult player tags to learn who is a realm moderator and/or admin.

1 Like

The first room is an airship station, that is set to be in Sinder, but can be removed if necessary.

1 Like

The exit names in #ccpj1569gbrk70sg85lg are a bit messed up. Same in ccpj2vm9gbrk70sg87sg. I feel like something needs to be done with navigation as it’s a wee bit confusing and I was making circles trying to figure where I am (I think this area definitely needs a map).

Otherwise, the city is pretty huge and there’s lots to see! It just needs a bit more polish and cleanups.

Question, what are broken about them? And the city is shaped like a gear, so it is a giant circle.

Oh; I was just pointed out at that – I figured it’s a smaller circle with a side half-circle but it’s centered on the academy!

Answering your other question: they are cropped in a strange way (I know it’s a technical limit, but it doesn’t help):

Same happens with the titles:

And I don’t think this kind of keyword is helpful:

as it really takes a while to even mentally parse the bridgeengaca, more so to type it! engineeringguil is same. I’d sink it’s much easier to go guild.

I don’t know how to solve the keywords for the bridges nicely, but given it’s a circle you can have academy as both the bridge and the bridge exit room (so you can get there by go academy twice). I think that’d help with directionality?

Thank you, somehow after a script added them, I missed them in editing, I will have then fixed soon.

I do have one issue with a map, I am unable to make one for myself, I don’t have a program that can do it, and my friend that was going to make it, doesn’t have time to at the moment.

Ok, I think I got everything, I also added somethings to the key words to make it easier to get around, I hope it will at least, until I can get a map for the City, I will await review, and please let me know If a missed anything else.

I have a question, because of the limit to the amount of characters a room name can have I have a few rooms that can’t have their full name, can someone please help me wit ha workaround on this, so everything makes sense.

I think I have it all ready for another Builder to look at the Clockwork City, if anyone sees anything that I need to make different, please let me know.

I noticed something about the Clockwork City that the script missed, the arena, which is mentioned in the rules, but did not exist, I have added it manually, I just wait for the builders to take a look at it now.

When I built on mucks yeah, I would use things like (E)ngineering ®oom, or something. As a default. I wonder if the character limit was implemented to force people to think cardinally, like… I kinda like it better if it was west to the engineering room.

Well, you can go west to get the Engineering district, but you would first have to go through the Residential district first.

Thank you to the builders for Linking the Clockwork City.

1 Like