Is it possible to add a feature that shows what the character is doing

Is it possible to add a feature that shows what the character is doing This lets newcomers to the room know what’s going on with the characters in the room

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

You mean like a “status” message, which only can be seen by those inside the same room?
Something like:

set currently = Standing on a ladder leaning against the kiosk.

Yeah, I often find myself trying to make a quick pose, such as:

:waves to Bujia from on top of the ladder leaned against the kiosk.

… which is not optimal, in case there are quite a lot of people entering the room. So I could totally see the reason for it.

Where would this status be displayed? By hovering the character in the In Room list?

2 Likes

maybe after the name

I’ve actually had thoughts of something similar myself, but didn’t know how it could be implemented best. Maybe as a third line on the room list under the status/gender/species line, that will show any overflow on hover over (or for mobile, a long press)? That way folks know it’s there, and know to look for it if it’s too long.

I’d love to see something like this implemented, I’ve thought of suggesting something like it before but I wasn’t sure how to suggest a way to implement it. It’s pretty often that somebody enters the room and interacts with me in a way that conflicts with what I was already doing because they simply just didn’t know.

1 Like

This feels like similar energy to a post I just made recently as well. Trying to let people know what you’re up to RP status wise.

2 Likes