[Idea] The Nexus

This is something I’m throwing out for people that are smarter than me to think about and see if there is something there.

There are several parts of this site that I feel are special, and one is being able to build and share with others rooms and areas. Currently, there are public and private builds, and I thought maybe there could be a kind of third option.

IC I imagine it being like an unstable portal of the various energy that flows through the realm that can take someone to anyplace they can imagine or know about.

OOC I’m thinking of a dumb down version of Prism apartments (without the IC purpose of being an apartment) with a bunch of hidden exits linked to private builds that might not yet be able to link publicly or might not want to be visibly linked publicly. My thought process is folks can have a semi-publicly linked build that is available 24/7 to anyone that knows the exit keyword (could be shared by word of mouth or a post on the notice board) without the worries of all the requirements and review for a fully linked build. It could also serve as a testing ground of sorts for newly proposed areas and could give more folks a chance to take a look at those builds without being a mod or being online the same time as the area owner.

It is just a thought, not sure if I’m capable of executing something like it or if it’s even needed.

1 Like

There is something already in game that somewhat mirrors your idea, although it is unused, only linked in a hidden path. If you go to the east from the bridge, to these rooms of barren fields and distorted realms, there is a hidden city at its end. Originally was the idea of it to host chaos, linking everything that doesn’t fit anywhere else, in a random manner. A breeding pool of chaos, unsupervised.

It didn’t go anywhere obviously. Just a small bit of trivia.

2 Likes

IC I imagine it being like an unstable portal of the various energy that flows through the realm that can take someone to anyplace they can imagine or know about.

There are two places like that in the Rift. One is up in the mountains, the other one is past the Orchard.

2 Likes

Lol, sounds like I need to explore a bit more and get out of the arcade.

1 Like