Financially Supporting Wolfery

I was wondering if it would be possible for there to be set up some publicly available mechanism - Patreon say - to allow users to financially contribute to Wolfery?

I’m very grateful and proud of this particular little corner of the Internet and I’d like to help Accipiter fund it and work towards paying for advertising so we can continue to grow our community.

14 Likes

I second this motion.

5 Likes

Up to them of course.

5 Likes

When this was asked before Acci did drop this reply. It does get asked often. Boss wolf, pls.

Can be Acci’s… github sponser? I should really do this myself, hah. I was waiting for a more ‘Wolfery patreon’ I suppose.

4 Likes

I have been spending A LOT of time on Wolfery. If there was a patreon or something, I would contribute to it.

4 Likes

Or just a ko-fi.com account to donate too, I think folks would be game for it.

4 Likes

I know I would donate. This place has been a gift on me this year, genuinely helped to bring me out of a terrible depression. BossWolf deserves more than just our words.

3 Likes

You guys… :flushed:

… thanks!

Seriously glad the game has been this appreciated! :blush:
And I am also glad for your willingness to support it.

I might be a bit slow in my progress, by I am moving forward along my rather vague mental roadmap.

The idea for me is to first do the multi-realm thingy before doing the supporter thingy.
The reason behind it is that I want to avoid scenarios where I end up with a supporter that acts like an ass hat in-game and gets themselves banned from Wolfery, only to bounce back at me about refunds or whatnots.

If I have multi-realm support in place, this will be less of an issue, as they could just visit another realm, or perhaps create their own realm and be the king of ass hats in there.

But as @WakuWaku mentioned, I do have a GitHub sponsor setup for Resgate.io, which Wolfery runs on. Another alternative could be to use PayPal, as I already have a “Mucklet AB” account there. I just tried to create some Donate account. Not sure how that works:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=HC9G2P4VC863E
(The Mucklet supporter system has replaced Paypal as the recommended way to help fund this project)

But also, if you choose to donate like that, I cannot provide supporter perks and so, as it would count as a sale of service, making it much more complicated. Before those perks are provided, I wish to automate those things a bit better first.

Oh! Speaking of PayPal donations. @IcoTwilight! THANKS! :smiley:
I might roll quite slow at times, but … more thanks!

9 Likes

Consider setting up a Patreon to support Wolfery’s growth and sustainability.

1 Like

This is an old thread. Wolfery now (since a while back) has its own supporter system, which is the best way to support us running the servers, running ads (on other sites! No ads on Wolfery, ever!), and other things.

To become supporter, go to the Mucklet account page:
Mucklet: Account

It is not Patreon. But compared to Patreon, almost all of the funds can be used. This is because we don’t have to include sales tax, as the funds are still small enough not to come up to the thresholds which requires tax.
… except for EU and Great Britain… They want their VAT/GST anyway. Oh well :slight_smile:

1 Like