[feature]: list home registrations

We’ll need some way to list the characters who have the home set to the current room and/or the way to unregister the current room as a home for someone/everyone. It will help with various bookkeeping.

1 Like

Perhaps same thing with teleport points? If I remember correctly, disabling teleport registration doesn’t delete it for people who have registered already. And maybe you’d want to revoke somebody’s access to your private area.

2 Likes

I agree that something needs to be done, currently the only way to prevent people from returning to a room they’ve registered as a home/teleport is to delete the whole room and recreate it. That’s not really an effective way of managing it at all.

Being able to see a list of everybody who has registered the location might be a little too much information to provide people with, but at minimum a way of de-registering everybody would be great.

Perhaps selectively de-registering user homes/teleports could be done without actually revealing whether they had it registered or not, similar to the way many websites don’t confirm the existence of email addresses when requesting a password reset. “If Alyx Avocado had this location set as her home, it has now been unregistered.”

1 Like

I also agree that we need a way to list:

• characters registering the room as home
  • characters registering the room as a teleport node

But we already have a way to remove them. See:

help evict

This works for removing people if you know who they are.

Yeahs, that totally works if you know who they are. In my case, e.g. I noticed a room where I forgot to unset the set home. Did someone register it as a home in the meantime? I have no way of knowing.

1 Like

Perhaps an ‘evict all’ command might be an intermediate step. though it is the most extreme option to clear people out.

2 Likes