Apparently don't sweep yourself and log off real quick

This happens. I can’t enter in any commands and do not appear to exist.

Thanks for posting this, Trixx. @Accipiter, I think this is pretty clearly going to be yours to fix. :smiley:

Hi @Trixxus, and welcome to the forum! :smiley:

Does it happen all the time? Or does the issue disappear when reloading the client?
The issue is without little doubt the client having hit some sort of error, which has then caused other things to stop working.

The question is; what error occurred?

To find out, open the Developer Tools in your browser (usually by pressing F12), and check the Console tab. Does any error appear in there? If so, expand the error and take a screenshot, like this:

(In the example above, the error is a Connection error. In your case it is probably different)

If you have multiple similar errors, just post the first one.

I was curious if this was easy to do, so I got our beaver to try. Uh… Yes, yes it is.

wolfery.com-1658329161033.7z (680 Bytes)

This results in client desync: Maggie’s currently ‘in the town center’ but can’t interact with exits because she’s not actually there. Client pings also start failing - I would assume because the client tries to ping and the server’s going ‘no you’re asleep!’

…oh dear, it gets worse. I just logged out completely and logged back in. My session with Maggie is there but…

She doesn’t have a name!

wolfery.com-1658329556495.7z (1.0 KB)
I’ll try waking her up again… NANI?!

So! Uh, don’t do this! Boss wolf halp. :smiley:

It is permanent through relogs, and here is the screenshot!

… also my account is Trixx Trixxus I assumed that’d be obvious but I should probably have said it. X3

Saw some other weirdness. The Town Center took four tries to get into, leaving this in the console the first three times

There’s also an undefined character in the room when I get there, that you can’t look at.

Based on the timing it may be related.

Okay… I’m in limbo now too. Just sweeping yourself will do it.

This is turning into a Class 2 Rift Anomaly. So far:

• Do not sweep yourself and log off
  • Do not sweep yourself period
  • Try to avoid the Town Center and do not interact with the glitched characters. (I suspect this is due to my experiment)
1 Like
  1. I touched the Error character then it ate Scarlet milk

F for Scarlet.

A bunch of us are hiding in another room, hoping this doesn’t spread. It feels a little like RP level apocalypse, its is amusing it some way (For those not affected but just hiding out)

I don’t know if it’s relevant, and I don’t want to clutter the story, but when the news first started making the rounds in station park and several people tried sweeping themselves and checking out the town center, my browser client started lagging, and both firefox and the python process running my pizzaria bots started running into enough timeout errors and lags that I had to shut them down for my PC to not seize up- together they were chewing up about 90% of my CPU.

I lost the error records because I had to kill the processes with the task manager, but it was ‘Request timed out’ and ‘resource not available’ errors one after the other. I suspect it’s related to the RES model updates trying to grab something from the missing character somewhere and failing, but the bots, at least, were not even in the same area.

1 Like

Yeah this is pretty clearly impacting the server.

Site is completely shot for me, nothing but a screen the color of the background. Guessing it’s related to this.

sites down for me. Is the forum account also the site account?

Oh no! I hope it gets resumed soon… And resolved

I can’t get in:

annnnnnd im blocked outta the site aaaaa

Forum and Mucklet logins are different.

I got logged out and only see a black screen

Is the server dead or accipiter ate too much of the JavaScript?