Airship Hangar/Terminal/Adventure

Good day everyone. I have been hard at work creating a new area which includes a full airship facility, living area, and connections to the five mentioned zones; Cape Theia, Cascade Island, Do’nezo, Linseria, and Sinder. I have already brought up the idea with Asher of Linseria who is onboard with the idea. I would just need all other land owners inputs and of course the builders.

The following teleport will take you to the primary airship area. t #ccpub2e9gbrk70sgqjo0

I thank you for your time, and hope my proposal is well received. I am open to any and all feedback.

Best wishes,

Magnus Kieffer

4 Likes

My question: What would be the use for an airship system over the existing train system? I get that it doesn’t currently connect to islands or the north pole, but it seems a little redundant for the rest of the locations.

I understand the airships for Asher’s upcoming and currently unannounced project, but for the exiting locals I don’t know if it makes all that much sense…

1 Like

I think an Airship station would make the map more connected, like IRL we have made better ways to connect the edges of the map, I am not a builder yet, and have no say, but I think it is progression thing, that makes it easier to get around.

And spoilers, I am working on a project, it is not yet ready to say what, not here that is.

2 Likes

Differing access points. Can be on different sides of where train stations are and show people someplace new they’d never wandered into. Seems a bit redundant now, but should things blow up and expand, I think more fun ways to get around would be appealing.

Also, there are roleplayers that are more into airships than trains. It would give people a new area to roleplay in. Could I just break it down into being an airship facility? Of course. But I think making a journey out of it adds flavor. I’m also hoping to add more things to the place that involves going on airship journeys from overhead of their areas. Kind of like a round about sightseeing tour over the area.

2 Likes

Speaking from a roleplay-focused thought process, I would love an airship and KNOW there are characters that deal with airships! I want more reasons to have flying characters fly and additionally just want our alarming amount of airship nerds in Wolfery to have a reason to be nerds consistently.

Plus, sky pirates at some point. We needs 'em. It’d be hella fun.

Plusplus, builds wise I think it’d be cool to have places that might just have unique ways of getting the airship to dock at their areas, such as… “A cliffside city with a docking bay stretching out over the ocean”; “hidden water base with a large hanger that barely reaches the surface- complex mechanisms reach up as wave breakers whenever express passengers from airships arrive.”; “caught in a permanent storm, you wouldn’t expect the village to get many airborne visitors, but a well-placed spell has made a single flight-passage through the cyclone, a way into the eye of the storm for winged ones and airships.”

I’m done nerding out. I hope to see more of this!

3 Likes

Oh, you make my heart flutter. Yes, the roleplay would be quite wonderful. There’s so much variety I can add to this particular genre.

3 Likes

Spoilers, a city with the only way in being Airship, is already in the works, I can say no more on it, not yet at least.

3 Likes

Would it be safe to say that I should scrap this idea?

I would like to keep the hangar and other areas involved with it, perhaps keep that in Linseria. And scrap the world travel part since that seems to be the holdout on this. Maybe I’ll make an overhead airship tour of Linseria for like a romantic cruise type thing to add some more flavor to it or something. Let me know if I should trash it and do something else (:

1 Like

Hey, Magnus! Thanks for checking in.

Your idea of the overhead airship tour and some of the discussion in the thread got me really excited about this idea!

I was wondering if you’d consider adding some “in-transit” rooms, so that people could play out actually being on the airship between regions. By this, I mean that instead of your room flow going, “Linseria Terminal->Linseria Platform->Cape Theia Platform” it would be more like, "Linseria Platform->In the Air: SS Skyward->Cape Theia Platform. This might facilitate some other roleplay: for instance, that In the Air room is where people could play out the sky pirate scenario that Jako alludes to.

I’d love to see your airships provide a couple of ship options, so players could be on a luxury ship (like for your airship tour) or maybe running crew duty on a dingy freighter airship.

I think the builders are in general agreement that just providing travel endpoints like the train system and ferries is, like you say, a holdout, but we do think that there’s space for you to refine your idea rather than just scrap the whole area. I’m not sure that we can feasibly link every area, but I’m hoping to at least find a way to ensure the airship travels to a few points.

Is refining your idea in this way something that you’re open to and would like to tackle? Let me know! I personally love the feel that you’ve given the original idea just from the images you used to tie them all together, so I’d be excited to see what you’d come up with, and would be a little sad to see all of that get scrapped.

3 Likes

In addition to being used for role playing, even having more rooms on the airship for say, below deck or what not would really go to enhancing the purpose and roleplayability of the airships.

3 Likes

I enjoy the idea of adding in air travel spaces and pirate stuff or adventure type things, but I’m maxed out on rooms. (I have four other areas already involved in world) I would happily add a million things to this project. I’m full of ideas for it and would like to take steps in filling it out more.

I’m blocked by my greed for creating and wanting to add more to the experience. If you have suggestions that can help me work around my limits to make this work, I can magic magician things, condense things, what have you. I’ve added a lot of flavor to each individual area and could cut some things out. I dunno LOL

1 Like

I’m no longer interested in linking with Linseria. If anyone would like to pick this up, I’m willing to locate anywhere. Do’nezo is a preferred location, but I’m willing to do up some new pics for anywhere. Right now I have the whole hangar and living space ready, and I have the overhead tour on standby. I’ll be designing a pirate adventure and a lost voyage adventure to add on as well.

1 Like