[TP-char screen] Nesting owned rooms into owned areas

I am aware that the example I am able to give doesn’t really show the issue, but imagine the following:

You are a builder, who has created many rooms of different areas.
The list of owned rooms turned into a very, very long list of rooms you are unable to sort in any way, as they get sorted via room ID.

Wouldn’t it help clean this teleportation screen up, if the page recognizes owned areas instead of owned rooms creating multiple collapsible menus each associated with one specific area where then the linked rooms are listed? With a final menu for the unlisted rooms.

Actually, “Owned rooms” should probably start collapsed to avoid clutter, as that is mainly used when building.

My suggestion is to register the rooms you want more easily accessible as teleport nodes of yours using the register teleport command.

Example while in the Post office room:

register teleport postoffice

While undocumented, this can be done by the owner, even if “Allow teleport to room” is not set.

Hmm, that does make sense.
Didn’t know that the builder is above the set rules of the room.
That is good to know.

And yes, that being collapsed by default would be a good thing.
I was mainly thinking about this screen nesting areas to support builders, who work on multiple projects at the same time to avoid confusion.
The cleaner, the better telegraphed, the better.

Yes, but I agree that the idea is good! :smiley:
Especially later when admins of new realms will try to build a whole world with lots of areas!

I will add it to my backlog for now, meaning, it will probably be added eventually, but not in the near release.

1 Like