The Academic District: A Semi-IC Proposal

The Sinder Town Council has received a request from the Ministry of Education to annex part of the Town in order to provide various services, as well as run the renovated school. After a trip to survey the city I have come up with the following set of proposals in order to meet their request. Please see the following map:

The area in blue would be ceded from the Town of Sinder to a new Academic District, encompassing the area West of North Westside Road, past the fields of Blackhoof Stables, which may be designated an Agricultural Extension. The footpath between the School and the Stables should be improved, to allow travel between the two, as marked in black. Gates will be placed marking the District at its boundaries off of Westside Road and West Sinder Lane.

Optionally, should the City wish to keep traffic low through the District going to the forest, the trail should be rerouted around the stables, from the West Sinder Lane crossroad to the Forest. The area East of Westside Road, suggested as a postal facility, should not be impacted.

These changes should let us carry out educational activities in a manner consistent with Town codes.

-M. Loggia, Surveyor.

ooc;dr: The are issues with the planned rules for Sinder Town and the school, namely ageplay restrictions[1]. Looking at the map and exploring the Stables, I realized both facilities are map-adjacent and have similar problems with possibly being outside the intended regulations for Sinder Town. In short, connect the two facilities, put in “gatehouse” rooms (not intended to exclude users, merely to clearly delineate the zone change), and make a new area for them to inhabit that allows them to not be in the Town of Sinder area, and have different rules. All of this without radically changing the spatial references of the map. To do this, the stables and fields would be put behind a gatehouse North of the West Sinder Road room, and when the school is built it would have a gatehouse off of North Westside Road. The two locations would have a path between them as depicted on the map. This seems to me to be an easy, semi-seamless method of establishing things.

[1] Currently in place, awaiting code changes to implement properly, to allow for easier rules discovery.

1 Like

I for one want miss Loggia to be Sinder’s chief city planner :smiley:
Once I’ve dealt with some urgent features, I am happily helping Maggie to plan this.