[Suggestion] Small tweak to puppets

Something that’d be useful when it comes to encouraging the use of puppets is a brief description of what the character’s personality is, as well as how they’d react to common instances.

f.e. in Miranda’s Cafe, there’s a section titled Playing with Miranda, but it only lists how to take control of Miranda, not how to play her. It’d be very useful to know things like: how does she generally act? How does she handle orders? What does she think of her cafe? How does she react to people publicly getting lewd in it? What are her own sexual tastes?

I know that there’s several times when I’ve wanted to take control of a puppet, but held back because I had no idea how to play them; and I’ve also heard there’s been a problem with having wildly varying personalities for puppets depending on who’s playing them. I think this’d fix both issues.

Hi @Zinkoner!

Actually, that does exist :grin: .
But in order to see it, you need to take control of Miranda first.
The section is in the Character Info panel.

how_to_play_miranda

When it comes to Miranda, the How to play is not strict, but rather suggestions.
The puppet feature is still rather experimental.

Maybe I should make this text viewable from the Character Select panel as well…

Ah, that does help… you should probably at least note that that text exists, even if you don’t make it all public-facing, because I held back from using puppets in the past because I didn’t think there was any advice, so I didn’t see that text.

Yes, I agree. If you didn’t see it/know about it, and hesitated to use the puppet, we can be sure others will have similar issues.

While not making it “public”, I could still try to make it possible to view it before waking the puppet up.
I’ll think of something :slight_smile:

1 Like