Suggestion: Change the default logic of the Alt-R reply hotkey

I like the hotkey a lot, but the way that the logic to pick recent activity works currently is super unintuitive and a little bit dangerous if messaging quickly.

Scenario: I’m trading whispers or messages with someone while sitting in the park. Suddenly someone posts an address in the room to someone completely unrelated and if I don’t notice, now my Alt-R will a) change from the whispers to a public address b) address someone who hasn’t even interacted with me.

Picture: I pressed Alt-R to respond to an earlier whisper, but the first thing that popped up was an address that wasn’t even pointed at me. Dangerous.
AltR

Suggestion: Change the default (or at least provide an option) to not consider addresses in public rooms that don’t address YOU when pressing Alt-R. It would be even greater if it was possible to copmpletely disable the consideration of addresses for the hotkey. Maybe even have a separate hotkey for public addresses and private stuff like whispers and messages.

That is not just a mere suggestion; that is more like a bug report!

I fully agree. If you are not included in an address, it should be ignored by Alt-R. And I don’t think it should be an option to make it behave differently.

Thanks for pointing it out!

I added a GitHub bug issue:

1 Like