Spaceship

I have created a spaceship, its name is silent watcher. It has 24 rooms, and I would like to know how to get it connected to the rest of the world. If needed, I can show you around the ship, its really not that hard to navigate, there are just four hallways, and in each hall are doors leading to the rooms.

My first reflex is that we might need a location somewhere remote which features the ability to host this location/build in its intended way.

At this time, we don’t really have a themed destination for a spaceport or a portal hub. I think the best question is, how do you see this space ship interacting with the environment?

Is this a ship landed somewhere?
Is this ship in a pocket of the rift somewhere?
Is there anything else important to note about said ship that might give us more ideas for how to plan incorporating something like this into the environment?

Aside from theme if this is intended to be a publicly linked location/build for people to use rather than a private residence, the build team will be looking for:
• An area containing all the rooms and appropriate about info/rules for the area
go back routing which leads you toward the entrance of the area.
• Exit messages which are at least correctly descriptive of where people have come from and are going to.
• At least a bit of description for the rooms contained in the build - if rooms are completely undescribed, it might be better to hide those exits from the public until you’re ready to describe those locations.
• Room images or Area Maps are not required but can be helpful to people if this is intended to host public roleplay.

Hope that this information helps give you some additional direction. Feel free to hit me up sometime if you want some additional eyes on the build.

I also have a idea for what the purpose of the ship could be, to try to travel in between the fragments of reality and study them, to research more about this world, to find out what really happened… it isn’t in a pocket of the rift, as it has actually escaped reality all together, it has ripped a hole into the void (The space between the fragments of reality) and is now researching to figure out more about how this world works.

So, to that end - how does the ship get tied into the map, if you’re wanting it tied into the grid?

Is it Parked? Docked? a fixed teleport location? Knowing what sort of location is needed for linking the ship into the world is important.

The idea is to have a teleportation room, where you can get teleported to the ship. On the ship is a few more places that you can teleport to, but you need a code to get to them. The only two places that you can currently teleport to are my apartment, and another ship made by someone else. They of course are not fully connected, because like I said, you need a code. ((I just used a normal exit that goes right back to the room you are in with the travel message being “needs the code to get access to this area.” and the exit that actually goes there being hidden with the key word being the code, basically just a way of locking an exit)) If you want, I can show you what I mean.

So, that sounds like you want the ship to be accessible only via teleport, and not linked via exits at all?

As I see it, there are three options for connection:

1. The teleport command, either requiring a learned destination or with a public one.

2. The train station. A ‘teleport room’ is conceptually similar to a train, and I could see the train ‘morphing’ as you arrive at a different destination.

3. Accessible via exits, like how you can go north from the Station Park to the Town Center.

If it’s meant to ICly be a teleport, it may need only option 1?

No, it is using exits, its just a room that has a “teleporter”. its really just a normal exit. If you are online right now I can show you what I mean.

So, I guess in that case the follow-up question is where you think the teleporter room should be accessible from? Like, if I’m standing in Sinder Town Center, where should I go to find it?

Right now I am thinking maybe a room in the sewers? There aren’t enough places for tech stuff, which is why I want the ship connected, so there is a place for tech stuff like this. If you have any ideas for where it should be, I am willing to listen.

I would have posted a thing here before, but the forums wouldn’t cooperate with me getting activated. Anyway, Kurgaru and I had a chat, and I suggested possibly using my ship, the Nova as a by-through. Unlike the Silent Watcher, it’s size is something that’s small enough to viably land on a planet, and could just be sat somewhere secluded. A few places come to mind, but I figured I’d mention this before anything else. The Nova has a teleporter room linked to the Silent Watcher, and most of the ship is access coded off. You could literally just walk into the airlock from outside and go straight to the Silent Watcher. Temporary solution until a proper teleport place can be decided on? I understand if this is rejected, but I figured I’d throw it out there.

Okay, Kugaru kinda approached me with this idea and I kinda shrugged it off thinking he wanted to build a teleport network of exits which I am pretty opposed to. But… yeah. I do like the old tech/relics of different rifts for the sewers. Aliens, hmm, mystery. I might write a zone appropriate exit for you. I’ll have to kick around a few ideas.

Neat. This actually helps solve one of the problems I’d seen for Sinder if you decide to tackle some scrapper tech hacky-but-otherwise-low-profile solution to there being a teleporter around Sinder, at least in my opinion. I’d like to encourage it.

If you do, let me know and I’ll speak up and let the builder team know that this is on the table so they can discuss it with you for other situations where it would be the most practical solution.

As always though with sub-area linking, if you get requests to link in sub-areas that you still direct people to submit for build review on the forums, and you can chime in on those threads so we know everything is above board if we go to review and link things when/if they’re good to go, in the room mentioned by you in the overall topic.