Shower thoughts

For some reason, are movies and TV shows in-game the same as their irl counterpart? For example, a furry version of a TV show exists in-game.

I believe this is wholly up to the individual.

Unlike some roleplay settings and MUCKs, Wolfery does not have a defined culture or throughline of what is and isn’t canon. Mashing up realities is sort of the vibe.

Additionally, some people choose to use pieces of their real life as the seed for roleplay. As an example, Bruno often goes on many of the same adventures I do personally. It makes sense that a player could reference a show they watched through their character, while other people like to have a completely separate reality for their characters.

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible, but as mentioned, defining something as canon is much more group effort than definability. Take Pokemon: There are pokemon from various worlds where they’re anthro, non-anthro, talking, not talking; where no one’s heard of pokemon, where everyone’s heard of pokemon. The same might be for TV shows.

And it’s an easy explanation, too: someone talks about, say, “The Price Is Right” or “Initial D”, and if someone else doesn’t know it or knows different versions, that’s a ‘Oh, I guess it was different back on my world.’