Seeking Nerds!

Hey there!

As some of you already know, because I can’t stop chattering about it, Fox and I are writing a book! It’s a sourcebook for D&D, about the setting that he and I have been playing since we were kids!

We’ve finished all the actual content stuff, and just last night the first editing pass to get out all the really glaring typos and four-line-long run-on sentences wrangled down into nice, manageable ones unlike the one you’re reading right now that’s way too long and rambling and has way, way too many commas.

Now we’re looking for some folks to lay eyes on it! Test readers and editors who can take a look, tell us if things make sense, if it seems interesting and fun, if the ideas are good, and if there’s stuff that still needs working back in the shop.

To give you a little idea what it’s like, here’s some bullets about the setting:

• It’s a young world with some changes to magic that reduce the impact of gods and demons on history, focusing the stories on grounded motivations
  • There’s some new mechanics and narrative elements that focus on horizontal progression and breadth of narrative, rather than escalation
  • The goal is to make up a very integrated and well-described world with nuanced cultures in it, so that making adventures is all about connecting dots
  • The world, culture, and interactions are all made up with little twists to make each new place feel novel and exciting, but also fit together
  • It has furries in it

And to whet your appetite here’s a few examples!

Preview Linked Here!

If that sounds like the kind of thing you’d enjoy, shoot me a message and we can chat about it!

5 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to reading it!

I’ll figure out how to message you at some point! Your feedback and interest is valued and I will not be deterred!

2 Likes

Make it nerdier: The world of AV Club, where you and your party of adventurers try to keep the equipment in your school operating. But it’s an anthro world so you’re fighting fur intrusion and static electricity damage.

While questing for the rumored Closet Nobody Ever Looks In for after hours high schooler activities.

1 Like

I believe this is called “The Library”. :wink: (Seriously, there aren’t ever any students in the library, and if the librarian wasn’t being paid, they probably wouldn’t be there, either!)

Folks, we have heard your feedback and requests! We did our SEO and have an update we think will really appeal to the community demo!