Proposal | Addition of a Maybe tag + Additional tags suggestion

Alright, so there is something your character may like or dislike, usually as a preference, but what if there are some exceptions?

The idea came when I decided that I want to do some changes to two of my characters to reflect on the current event that has occurred to them, and figured that I want to start issuing some form of exemption for certain situations. For example, I’m okay with Nick being choked if this is a fight/combat situation but not in sexual intercourse, and I’m okay with Himari RPing with a human if she finds them interesting enough.

In this proposal, there would be a 2nd option slotted between “Like” and “Dislike” titled “Maybe” and would have a color similar to the one if you’re idling. You can still set up some custom descriptions however you like.

As for how the tag(s) will look with the preference set as Maybe, it will be colored yellow and have a question mark in place of a check or cross icon, moreover, it will be slotted between white and red tags. Here is what the tags will look like in normal view and editing character view.

One more thing I’d like to add, how about a suggestion on additional tags? As more and more people are coming here to do a specific RP scenario of their liking, I figured we can try to add more default tags along with my suggested description.

Character Attribute

Flight - Capable of flying.
Swim - Character can swim.

Preferences

Abuse - Verbal or physical abuse between two or more characters.
Aftercare - Roleplay involving comforting moments after intense roleplay.
Family - Roleplay between two or more characters of the same family members.
Foodplay - Food, sometimes tasty, for sexual roleplay.
Slavery - Being owned by one or more characters.

Preferences (Adults)

Combat - Engages in violent conflict, armed or unarmed.
Dub-con - Roleplay involving someone having sex with unclear consent.
Hookup - Casual sex between two or more characters without prior relations with another.

Attribution

Humans - Attracted to pure human characters.
Mythologies - Attracted to mythological characters, such as dragons, hydras, kobolds, and vampires.
Slimes - Attracted to slimy characters.

3 Likes

I personally like the idea of a maybe tag! There’s no real way to show you’re sort of okay with something unless you make it a custom tag. Having a different color for things you might be fine with doing would make it much easier to determine if you’re a good fit with another person.

Not too sure about all those extra tags. I don’t think it matters enough for swimming to be a tag but I like both the normal and adult preference tags. I’d be happy to see them included.

2 Likes

I hugely agree that a maybe tag may be quite useful to add layers to the tag system. There are numerous kinks my characters like to indulge, but only under certain conditions (trust).

2 Likes

One of my characters couldn’t swim. When I’m engaged in my first ERP with a puma, she literally shoved me from the cliff into the lake.

1 Like

That’s the ERP where E stands for extreme!

2 Likes

Huh, I thought it means Erotic Roleplay

1 Like

Only if you find drowning erotic.

(but also, whoosh?)

1 Like

I have an idea. What about torture?

1 Like

Personally my “maybe” list is just anything that isn’t a no - if it’s not explicitly one of my limits, I’m probably willing to do it if I know you well enough, the situation is right, I’m just in the right mood for it, or some combination of those things. But I kinda see the point though, because somebody might want to explain why it’s a maybe rather than a yes/no.

What would be a lot more important to me is being able to highlight my favorite tags and put them at the top of the list instead, so people can easily see what my favorite things are, without just getting lost among all the other things I’m interested in.

Once you have favorite/yes/maybe/no as an option, it’s pretty much F-list lite - which I think is against the original design of being more simplistic than that.

I like pretty much all of the tag suggestions - in my opinion the more default tags the better. Custom tags are nice and all, but allow people to spell it wrong, use a synonym, etc. which hampers the ability to search for them effectively.

“Mythologies” is a pretty broad category though, and I don’t know how many people are interested in all mythologies. Stuff like dragons and kobolds should probably be their own tag - they’re super common, I think I see them more often than cats. Unless the “scalies” tag covers that well enough already, but I’ve always personally felt more like that was for lizards and snakes.

I have some additional suggestions to go with yours, if needed I can write descriptions to go with each one too.

Character attributes

• Adult
  • Young
  • Feral
  • Anthro
  • Human

Preferences

• Crossdressing
  • Cuddling

Preferences (Adult)

• ABDL / Diapers / Infantilism
  • Bestiality
  • Death / Snuff
  • Feet
  • Foreplay
  • Omorashi
  • Outercourse
  • Pegging
  • Scat / Scatophilia / Coprophilia
  • Somnophilia
  • Stealth Sex
  • Rimming / Anilingus
  • Watersports / Urolagnia / Golden Showers

Attraction

• Dragons
  • Kobolds
  • Rodents
2 Likes

Wolf bumping threads!

Maybe tag level

Having more levels for tags, apart from Like and Dislike was discussed extensively at the early stages of development, when the tag feature was introduced.

I went with the less complex one - feeling that “maybe” could be covered using custom descriptions for tags. And to be honest, I still feel it was a good choice :slight_smile: . It also makes filtering characters by tags more straight forward (see this discussion: Expanding Awake Filter Syntax)

But, I can still reconsider. Code wise, I haven’t closed any doors, even if it would require both some GUI changes and a few other considerations (eg. tag filtering, future tag type, etc.).

New global tags

I’ll happily leave this decision to the lovely team keeping this place running!
Just tell me what to add, and I’ll add it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since we’re on this subject of tags, I’d like to bring to attention the “non-sexual” tag, which is positive? But means a negative? It feels a little weird as a preference even though it makes sense :v

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have that tag changed to “sexual” to mean that the character engages in sexual activities, but if its a disliked tag it becomes a more readable way to indicate that the character does not engage in sexual activities? Also, that would be a better fit for the “preferences (adult)” group of tags instead of “character attributes (adult)” in my opinion!

1 Like

the design is very human!

2 Likes

Based on this thread, I decided to group up all the suggested tags and rearrange the existing ones! I got a little bit bothered by the “non-sexual” tag, so I shifted things a little bit in order to preserve the information of the tag: if its white, its something you like! If its orange, you don’t like it!

Character Attributes: characteristics of the character that can matter when it comes to interactions and aesthetic preferences in general

• adult
  • anthro
  • fat
  • feathery
  • feral
  • flight
  • fuzzy
  • gendershifter
  • large
  • scaly
  • shapeshifter
  • sizeshifter
  • small
  • strong
  • synthetic
  • swim
  • young

Character Attributes (Adult): characteristics of the character that matter when it comes to sexual interactions

• available
  • dominant
  • experienced
  • horny
  • inexperienced
  • large assets
  • monogamous
  • polyamorous
  • submissive
  • switch

Preferences: what the character likes when it comes to interactions that doesn’t only involve sexual nature

• abuse
  • aftercare
  • alcohol
  • anything goes
  • combat
  • continuity
  • cuddling
  • family
  • humor
  • magic
  • mind control
  • one-offs
  • private
  • public
  • romantic
  • serious
  • slavery
  • smoking
  • size-difference
  • transformation

Preferences (Adult): what the character likes when it comes to interactions that are specifically of a sexual nature

• ABDL / Diapers / Infantilism
  • ageplay
  • anal
  • bestiality
  • biting
  • blood
  • bondage
  • breath control
  • castration
  • chastity
  • crossdressing
  • cuckolding
  • cunnilingus
  • death (snuff)
  • dirty talk
  • dub-con
  • feet
  • fellatio
  • fisting
  • foodplay
  • foreplay
  • group sex
  • humiliation
  • impregnation
  • lactation
  • masochism
  • masturbation
  • nonconsensual
  • outercourse
  • pegging
  • rimming
  • sadism
  • scat
  • scentplay
  • sex
  • sex toys
  • somnophilia
  • stealth sex
  • teasing
  • vanilla
  • virginity
  • vore
  • voyeur
  • watersports

Attraction: what the character is attracted to, be it for the purposes of sex or social affinity

• andromorphs
  • avians
  • canines
  • dragons
  • felines
  • females
  • gynomorphs
  • herms
  • humans
  • kobolds
  • males
  • pokemon
  • scalies
  • synths

After rearranging these tags, something occurred to me: how can you tell if a character prefers “small” characters, or is a “small” character? The tags will look the same if they’re named like that!

I think it would make things nicer if we could distinguish these tags visually, to help people accurately understand if the tags mean preferences or describe the character in a fancier way (like the helper and supporter tags, showing a different icon and color!)!

I played a little bit with the colors and icons and it kinda looks nice I think~ (I messed up the rest though, sorry ;~; )

Going back on the original post, I think that the “maybe” classification is valid but I’m personally a little bit on the fence about it. I don’t really do kinks and reading a “maybe” tag doesn’t feel very intuitive to me :v for the most part letting people know what I can do and can’t is how I use the tags when it comes to preferences

1 Like

Something that I do like to note regarding this proposal… if there’s a custom tag with a blank description in the place when the custom tag in question becomes defaulted, would the blank description be replaced with a default description or left blanked out?

1 Like