Persistent focus lists & toggle flags

I use Focus to keep track of people in the park spam.
It’d be nice if there was a persistent list - One for friends, for example.
Possibly it could be linked to the Watch list?

It might also be helpful to be able to set a couple of flags for the profile that can be toggled on and off:
Idle but not AFK
DTF
etc.

2 Likes

you can actually use idle and away to manually set yourself into the yellow and red state respectively, and use either of those like you can status to set a DTF or similar status.

2 Likes

Actually @Accipiter I’ve been meaning to ask some things about Focus…

1 Like

I’d definitely like to be able to assign color highlights to people more permanently.

2 Likes

Yeees? What would you like to ask? :slight_smile:

1 Like

How it works, mostly.

Specifically how it’s… semi-persistent? But not completely, from what I see. Persistent and across sessions would be nice. :smiley:

1 Like

Just tried focus the other day. Little unclear how to turn it off? I guess focus character=none? Think my notifications still get triggered anyway. Notifications are all kinda screwy for me though. focus @all and well. Guess my notifications are screwed. Really need a focus none

1 Like

unfocus character is what I use. I don’t think there’s a way to clear all focuses though. At least not one that I’ve found.

1 Like

Eh. Yes. I see. :sweat_smile:
The focus function is purely client side.
The setting is currently stored in the browser’s sessionStorage, making it persist across a tab reload, but not when closing the tab.

I should probably switch that to use localStorage instead, to make it persist after closing the tab as well.

1 Like

Indeed and while I had thought of that, what with being tee smortest person in teh room at all times, I would point out that Status doesn’t really allow for a list, and also isn’t searchable. :wink:

1 Like

The use case scenario would be things like
LFG - Looking for Group (Group RP)
LFRP - Looking for RP (RP general)
DTF - You know I’m not sure but my mother said it was important
No-Smex - PLease do not try to horny on main. bonk
Chat - Specifically looking to just chat
OOC - Works with other flags. E.g. OOC RP, OOC chat
IC - The inverse of OOC
Idly - Prone to not replying

So now you can be Idle because you’re at work looking to Chat OOC.
And someone can search for DTF IC and get a list of people who are TEH HORNZ.

1 Like