Patchwork Square Area Proposal

Hi there! While I’m grateful that the family campground exists for younger characters to go to, I’ve built out an area intended for cub/kid characters to go and enjoy public roleplay that provides a broader range of activities and roleplay options for ageplayers. This area is called Patchwork Square and is an urban/suburban walkable neighborhood.

The rules and lore of the area are intended to keep Patchwork Square as a low tech/magic sort of town, with the philosophy that the focus can then be on interactions between characters, rather than displays of power and skill.

Because the nature of this sort of play runs counter to the general rules of Sinder and based on discussions with others on where a place like this should go, I feel somewhere out near Cape Theia would be best. It should be far enough removed from Sinder that people don’t chance on it accidentally and create drama. This also allows certain area rules that (I think) should help reduce player conflict in the zone and keep the tone friendly.

I feel like I’ve built out a strong enough mixture of locations to provide a variety of contemporary scene options for characters to play out, and I think that it’s also a design that can allow for future expansion, whether that comes from me filling a request for another sort of venue or from other users linking in their own content.

I’m eager to show my build! I’m typically available after 6 PST to summon and show a builder around. Tasho’s already taken a look, but I do want to make sure I do this process by the book. Please go ahead and contact Finis “Finn” Riftward and he’ll send you the room ID or summon you there.

3 Likes

I’ll be available around the same times as you are, probably more like after 7pm PST. I’d love to take a look around.

This sounds like an interesting idea.

1 Like

Creating suburban area near Cape Theia is definitely something I’ve been wanting to proceed with since the owner of Cape Theia seems to be gone now.

We’ll likely be installing a Trolley Line which branches out from Cape Theia Station specifically.