Nox Aetherna got puppets!

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I am the creator of Nox Aetherna, and I’m excited to share some news about my place once again.

I know this might not interest everyone, but I wanted to let you all know that I asked for permission to have two characters set as Puppet Characters, and to my great surprise, my wish was granted!

Now, why create Puppet Characters? There are several reasons:

1. To allow people to participate in the story and atmosphere of the place from the perspective of an NPC.

2. These two characters are beloved by regular visitors who have known about them since they were “desc” characters, meaning they were described in the room and used as NPCs in various poses and other aspects of the RP taking place in the tavern. They were never “physical” characters, so to speak.

3. I can’t create and play every single character of my area! Not only because I’d need 6 more profiles, but also because I’d love for others to participate too. I usually play characters that have a significant role in the main storyline, but characters such as Jack and Molly can be played by anyone, so why not take this a step further?

I genuinely enjoy the idea of Puppet Characters because I see them as a challenge: playing a character that isn’t yours, often in a place different from what you usually see and RP in, can be quite engaging for some.

So, with that said, I hope curious peeps will come and see the two spouses working for the Rowdy Raven, and maybe even try playing them themselves! Don’t forget that Puppet Characters are everywhere to be seen. Register some and play them too! The RP might turn out to be more engaging than you expect.

Have a wonderful day, and I hope this notice didn’t bother anyone!

~Nox Aetherna’s Author/Area owner~

4 Likes