Nox Aetherna got a rework

Hello hello!

As what the title suggests, Nox Aetherna was reworked. Now, someone would ask why did I decide to rework the area, and I’ll tell you.

I decided to rework the area because over time it was feeling strange to me, it was lacking something and thought for long time about what could be missing, and then I just needed to look at the descriptions: they weren’t enough, not of the quality I wanted them to be! So, I noted that and kept roaming in town in solitude to seek for other things to work on, like taking down few rooms that didn’t had a lore/narrative purpose, such as an old hut in the forest that served as “hostel” or a villa that offered housing (Housing is still a thing, but is linked in the Rich Neighbourhood of the town) and more.

Descriptions: after grabbing “pen and inkwell” I moved on a word file and did my magic. I know, the descriptions are now longer, and I do know that not many have the patience to read it all, but I chose to do the rework anyway since I want to “paint” my area to you, show you how I pictured it in my head and give it more to it, to make it personal in some areas, to give the impression that in the background there is life, a world that has its own story and more. I want to show you Nox Aetherna as I narrated it in my book, not only because I love my book and area but also because I like to share my story with people.

The room deletion: most of them were hidden! Yeah you read it right, the Villa where my alt lives was huge in its private area, and most of those rooms weren’t needed, so throwing them in the Rift was a good solution.
The housing villa is gone, the hut in the forest faced the same fate, but overall nothing too big or important had appened.

Did the town changed position? Not really, it is still at the Obsidian Plateau, but if someone pays attention, there might be an orange, noisy surprise that might bring you up to Nox. The only problem is that is as fast as Sleipnir, so hold tightly :eyes:.

Now the town has an enhanced narrative, lore and better descriptions even for places that don’t need detailled descriptions, references to literary works of my native land (oh dear, sounds so poetic) and more. Anyone is welcome, may your curiosity wander.
I don’t think that people might have questions for me, but I am here or in game, feel free to reach out and send a message for anything! :purple_heart:

4 Likes