Noticed anything strange?

I noticed a strange issue that I’ve failed to track down. For me, it manifested as one of my characters in the Character Select page having been halfway “overwritten” by another character:

2021-09-08_double_neira

If you see anything strange that matches the two criteria below, contact me in game quickly:

• A name/image/description/etc. of a character/room/tag/etc. that is incorrect
  • The error is not solved by client reload

Thanks!

/Accipiter

I found something similar when reordering exit names. The swap happens only one way (e.g. Exit B swaps up to Exit A and now there’s two Exit A’s) I was able to fix it by trying to get back to what I believe is the original ordering of the exits, as it seems that it’s a display bug, not an issue with the exits being actually overwritten.

Thanks for the report!
Oh, so it affects Exits too? I have also noticed, when running some stress tests with lots of bots, similar issues with the In Room list. This gives me a fairly good idea where to start looking, and I am currently trying to write some integration tests to see if I can replicate the issue.

But your guess is correct; it is not an issue with the data in the services/databases. The data in there is correct. The issue seems to be caused by the services in some cases sending the wrong sequence of events, causing the API gateway’s cache to end up in a state inconsistent with what is actually stored in the services.

I will track it down!

/Accipiter