New Bot coming to town

I donā€™t think itā€™s reasonable, because thereā€™s always some way to game the system. You should treat this currency as a RP mechanism and not something more, really. If someone wants to create a whole bunch of new characters for a sake of having more money ā€“ let them have it.

2 Likes

That was mostly my idea, however I wanted it to have some more real feeling and long lasting effects that will accumulate over time such as inflation and interest.
But yes, I am fully aware that there is always a way to cheat it, and I donā€™t think that at the moment it will be too bad if that were to happen, it could allow the currency get into the system much quicker and be an instentive to use the system before it is set to 0.
Then after setting the starting Balance to 0 it could insentivise more behaviours like prostitution and slave trades from poorer players that would like to earn some money.

Hmm, I donā€™t know if this is the best solution, it would mean that if players wanted to make a large payment - like buying a rare slave/prostitute - would be a bit of a pain, plus it could be a coding nightmare to deal with rate-limiting on specific sums of money >w<.

I agree with Shinyuu that this should be primarily a roleplaying tool and not an actual pseudoeconomy. But in the interest of trying to make cool things cooler, maybe new user characters have to check-in to the bot in order to open an account, then they donā€™t receive their initial 2k deposit until a grace period has passed. That would dissuade would-be bad actors from rolling out new characters just to amass a large sum of fake RP monies, at least from doing so quickly. Obviously itā€™s not a perfect solution, but it would mitigate the rapid pump and dump that could potentially happen.

2 Likes

I think that that would be a great idea, I donā€™t think it will be permanent though ^w^

Yes, what we need an in game currency to avoid having too much fun. Though, the image of any of my characters working at mcdonaldā€™s is hilarious

1 Like

Haha, I donā€™t have any intentions on it stopping any fun, only expanding on and adding to the pre-existing roleplay.

I am having a little bit of an issue with the way that the characters data is stored and retrieved at the moment as I am struggling to get a characters ID from their username. While I could in fact just use the character name, not the ID. I think it could be a pain for players that may often change their name.

If anybody knows a solution I would be thankful, I posted a question [here]{How to get a characters ID from their character name} but I managed to word it terribly which resulted in a bit of confusion in the replys. So if anyone would be able to give me a little further help I would be very grateful.

I believe this should be possible in the same way as a mail command, also playerā€™s character IDā€™s are sent to all listening characters when anything is said so I donā€™t believe that it is something that only an administrator can get a hold of as itā€™s public information.

So if @farcaller or maybe even @Accipiter (I donā€™t want to bother you too much) could lend another hint? I donā€™t really understand JavaScript so I donā€™t entirely know how to find the anwser myself, all be it I have tried.

Sounds good, but yeah it does sound like this is pretty well thought out so Iā€™ll wait and see how it plays out.

1 Like

To sum up the other thread:

• you cannot get the player ID at all. Thatā€™s by design and thatā€™s not gonna change based on my understanding of accipiterā€™s idea.
  • you can get the character ID iff you know their full name. Iā€™m not sure what JavaScript youā€™re talking about (is that the ā€œofficialā€ bot framework?) but hereā€™s how you could do it in wolfery itself:
1 Like

Ah, I cannot believe how silly I have been >w< the $PlayerID in the previous post I for some reason thought you meant the playerID of the targeted player. I am so sorry to have pinged you like this, how embarrassing ~>w<~

Bot Released! :partying_face:

Hey, been a while, but the bot is finally finished. Thank you to @Accipiter for allowing the bot to access getChar ^w^

Q&A:

Question Anwser
Will it ever go offline? I have no intentions of taking the bot offline. However on the off chance that replit.comā€™s hosting prices rise above a manageable price then yes, it may go offline until a more affordable host is found.
What are the chances of the bot going rogue? Quite low, I have programmed in the possibility and if the bot ever starts sending unnecessary or questionable packets lots of times then the fail-safe will trip.
Can I see the code? Sure, just ask me here ^w^ but do remember that it is very messy >w<
What are the rules, terms of service and privacy policy? They can be found in the bots about section.
Is my balance safe? This is kinda a hard question, the bot stores all of the data in a non-encrypted JSON file, however as far as I can see there is no way of accessing it. But I am no pentester (a person that breaks into a system to find vulnerabilities and faults in the hope of patching them) so I canā€™t guarantee that there is no chance of data loss or theft. However, only your public CID is stored so a hacker wonā€™t be able to gain access to your account - neither can I.

Any further questions can be asked below.

Yours sincerely:

~ Ico The Cute Floof

P.S. the bank that Banker badger resides in will be kept off-limits until the bot has extra support for join and leave messages. Sorry.

P.S.2:
The bot needs a lot of attention and upkeep along with a lot of tidying, so if you see the bot online within the test server could I ask that you refrain from using it in the test server ^w^. Thanks x

the bot will be offline for a while, I am having problems with itā€™s latest update and it refuses to stay awake, please bear with me ^w^

thatā€™s what you say in the sex club~ the expression youā€™re looking for is ā€˜bear with me.ā€™

1 Like

>w< thanks x my mistake lol.

So whatā€™s next? well I am thinking about adding daily interest to the bot as well as a gambling system within the bot. Any other ideas would be lovely to hear along with those nasty bugs you may find.

New Release ^w^

New Featureā€¦ Safes:

What are safes you may ask? well, safes are a place where anybody can add money but only those with the password of the safe may remove money from it.

To get started type the following:
M Banker = safe create <The name of your safe here> <the password you want to set to the safe> (Donā€™t include the <>)

From there you can add money to it with:
M Banker = safe add <the name of the safe> <the amount to add>

To take money from it:
M Banker = safe add <the name of the safe> <the amount to take> <the password of the safe>

See M Banker = help for more info.

Changes:

• Updated the help text to include about safes.
  • Moved admin commands from the help text to a new command help admin <password>.
  • Updated the help text to be more user-friendly (lots of people were including the [] and <>).
  • Allowed for the first command to have any capitalization.
  • Added support for the listing of items in stores via safes.
  • Updated the error handling so that if the bot goes offline due to an unexpected and serious error it will log the error and re-boot.
  • Added a profile picture to the character.
  • Added mod logs that will log all actions performed by anyone using a command within the admin commands to get ready to allow for moderation with the bot.

Known issues A character can only have 2 safes and cannot delete them. (This will change along with a way to transfer ownership)

Note: Safes are currently in beta and all events regarding them are being logged, so if you have any issues let me know and I can try and sort it out x

1 Like

Why is the new update taking a while to be released? :thinking:

1. I am re-developing the mucklet bot library from scratch to completely support the client side of Resgate. Why? Not only will it allow for even more features to be rolled out super quickly and larger range of bot uses to be covered but I was also sort of indirectly challenged to do so in this post >w<
  2. The old source code for the bot was all in a single fileā€¦ Ouch, this made debugging and adding in features a big pain.
  3. I found a huge flaw in the original library that would allow for characters to gain access to the computer running it. I bodged a patch for it untill I can finish the new better version.

Sorry for any inconveniences, you will still be able to use the bot but it wonā€™t receive any updates for the time being. (And yes I did make a bit of a bratty move by doing something that I was told would be too hard >w<) Well, I am getting there ^w^

You will not lose your Ballance upon an update either.

~The cute floof Ico

I found a huge flaw in the original library that would allow for characters to gain access to the computer running it.

Is it in this version of the code?

I looked at it pretty closely and didnā€™t find anything, curious why did I miss.

1 Like

Nah, It was in an updated version where I added in a system to see how long each request was taking, However the library made use of an exec function which meant that if you sent a request to the bot that tricked it into thinking it was a lambda function:
M banker = botJsonCommand {"type": "lambda: __import__('os').system('shutdown')"}

This has been fixed by 1 removing the command and 2 removing the module to time it all.

I added the functionality 2 days ago and didnā€™t think it was worthy of mentioning.