Moonlight Forest

Hey everyone!

So I’ve been working on a player house/shop for one of my characters and I became curious about creating an area - particularly, a magic forest-type location.
Only issue is, I’m not quite sure where I want to put it.
For now, it’s a mostly bare-bones concept with a little flavour text and no other extra locations besides the house I made, but I was wondering about gauging interest for it, too.

The main ‘shtick’ of this area was to be a dark, somewhat spooky hangout place for magical characters. Think like a spooky forest with glowing mushrooms and stuff!
What do people think? I’d like to maybe add it to the Dark Forest area in Sinder’s deep forest, but I’m also open to suggestions!

I’m a little new to forums like these, too, so if I missed any glaring ‘no magic forests’ rule, please let me know! >~>;;

2 Likes

I was actually thinking off the dark area of the forest before I finished reading it. Sounds like an interesting place, especially because we seem to have a lot of magical people, but not too many magical places for those people. Drop a room ID and I’ll take a look sometime.

Hey! theres a grove by the lighthose everyone seems to overlook, why not there? I can also help find pictures if you like!

-Lady Fluffbottom

Hey, thanks for responding!
The area’s still a considerable work in progress, but I’ll happily share the ID for the main path:
#cbc1b3u9gbrucpt24r60

Let me know what you think so far! \o/

Is there something by the lighthouse? I’ve never seen it myself, is it a hidden area? :o

Hi! The Forest would be happy to have you. n_n I’ll take a look at the area when I can, but if you’d like to look through Forest zone rooms and find a place you’d like to connect it, let me know. Just note that if it’s on the main pathway and not in the Dark Forest it may need a hidden entrance so as to minimize entrance clutter and keep the Forest pathways easily navigatable.

Hey there!
Yeah, I was a little worried at first about the clutter it might make if I decided to set up on the main path somewhere, though the dark forest seems like a solid spot to put it!

Granted, it may be a little bit out of the way - as the dark forest is, as expected, dark - but I do like the idea of characters stumbling into the area by following a small trail of glowing mushrooms or something along those lines! :shark: :sparkles:

1 Like

If you look at the map and discription on the cliffs east of the beach, theres a cozy lil grove just north off the main path, ive tried many different possible passwords for hidden exits to go there but it just seems to be a blank void. It be nice to see someone use it, although your welcome to stay with your plan, it is an alternate option!^^

Sure! I have a couple things like that already. n_n Check the about area and make sure you put in an exit request and make an area for all of your connected rooms, then request the Forest to be the parent area. I can look over things and then get you linked up once it’s all clear.

I’ve sent an exit request through to the dark forest o7

Although, I’m not quite sure how to request to make the forest a parent area. Will I still be able to add new rooms/locations to my area? :o

yes you will! I just added my own area fox burrows to the forest! to add a parent area you need to go the forest “get area id” once you have it, do the same for your build and if i remember correctly its “request area (your area’s id) parent = forest’s id”

I’ve just about finished up with figuring out setting up the pathway, although it seems like I can’t request to add an exit from the Dark Forest to my area. :o

I’m probably just missing something, but now that I’ve added the forest as the parent area, I’m a bit stumped, pun intended. :shark: :sparkles:

You can only request from a room you own to a room you don’t (well I guess you can request yourself, but that’d be a bit silly) The other room owner would have to request you back, or if they’re a builder, just make the exit the other way.

@Raeth Should be able to help you with the return exit, Im very eager to see this new forest. You can ask my friends on wolfery haha, Ive been checking for the new exit for like a week!

:heart:

I’ll see what I can do! Apologies for the slowness :shark::droplet:
Hopefully I can get something sorted out this weekend/before the start of next month!

1 Like

If you still have trouble with the return exit, id be more than happy to set you an exit in the burrows I saw you are already in the forest map so we could make your path right in the entryway of the burrows! Also you about for the area got cut off at never

1 Like

Heya. n_n I took a look at the area and went ahead and made an exit for you from the Dark Forest to the Moonlight Forest. I’ve added you into the Look Closely description so there’s a breadcrumb. Entry keyword is “moonlight” though I added a couple others for sake of ease, at least for the time being.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s great! Thank you so much! :shark::sparkles: