Mobile UI Back Bug

Using Wolfery on mobile and hitting the back button results in the website crashing, or in the case of the app, bringing up this popup that both results in the app closing, cancel actually closes the app as well. Leaving closes the app as expected. Hopefully this helps!

Huh? That “Leave site?” window is generated by the browser, and I have little control over it or its behavior. But its behaviour should be (especially on Cancel) to just do nothing.

I need to check this closer. What mobile device and browser do you use?

Thanks for reporting it!

Samsung S10, Chrome, Android 12, hope you get it resolved!

Late to the party, I also frequently run into this one, but I have further info to add.

Chrome, Pixel 6a, Android 14. I’m pretty sure this is a limitation of the browser features, but perhaps not. Chrome, I recievethe same thing. Cancel or leave causes the ‘app’ to close and need reopening.

I tested in mobile versions of Firefox, both in-private and standard.

This behavior still occurs, however, the cancel button is labeled ‘stay’ and the app behaves as expected in firefox, which is to say, when the dialogue appears when android back button is pressed, choosing stay simply minimizes the popup instead of the entire client like one would expect.

Hope this helps. It might be chrome specific.

Edit: Interestingly, when installed as an ‘app’ via firefox, the android back button just seems to minimize and close the page entirely without prompting at all.

Edit 2: Tested on mobile Opera GX too for funzies. No app option, but canceling the back dialogue behaves as intended.

After seeing these behaviors, I tested in a non-app chrome window, which behaved also as expected.

Seems to related specifically when the site is used “As an app”, as this is where all the silliness begins for me in Firefox and Chrome browsers both.

Hope that helpes!

It does help, @Isiat . But I still seem to fail to replicate the issue using:

• Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Android 14
  • Chrome 123.0.6312.80
  • Not installed as PWA

Steps attempted:

1. Open Chrome
  2. Go to Wolfery.com and login
  3. Wake up a single character
  4. Click Chrome’s back-button
  5. In the “Leave site?” dialog that appears, click Cancel

For me, it just closes the dialog as expected.
Am I doing something different than what you are doing?

Though, this raises another question;
What would you want the back-button to do?

I guess on mobile, you might want the back-button to close dialogs, or to close side-panels, right?
For desktop, it is not as obvious. Nor does it matter as much, I guess.

I mean, the back button works as expected, but when you’re running wolfery “As an App”, that cancel dialogue or stay or, call it what you will, closes wolfery out entirely rather than simply clearing the popup prompt.

I’m fairly sure it’s a limitation of the browsers, or the “Install as app” access to the site. If I open wolfery in a normal chrome tab, all functions work as expected. Shrug I don’t think there’s much to be done on this side of the issue.