[Linked] Umber Point - (Seedy Under Belly themed City)

I’m currently working on a new small city called Umber Point, with the intent of having an area for the multiple criminal organizations ((As there are now quite a few!!)) to bring their RP out of private rooms into a more public arena. The goal for this city is to have a location that is more publicly accessible so criminals and non-criminals alike can interact with these themes. Want to be a victim? Head to this city. Want to play a detective, or similar law enforcement character but there’s never any crime to fight?? Head to this city!

The Entrance to the city (Road to Umber Point) is a safe zone that gives a brief overview of what to expect, as well as a place to review the Area Rules before entering. Umber Point is a place that allows Criminal Activity as well as ‘Extreme Content’ throughout most of the city.

Currently the city is still under construction, and will be expanding. If any one wants to check out the progress they’re welcome to stop by. #cdn58am9gbrgopjbsirg

I’m currently gauging interest, as well as taking offers from folks who would like to build there.

7 Likes

I’ll be bumming around there quite often myself. May not be the most criminal person But it will be nice to have a spot where drama can resolve a little more realistically.

This sounds like a really fun place! I’d love to check it out when it’s done but I’m curious; what sorts of things are there to expect within once it’s finished? Do you have any businesses or places planned for the city already or is it just a very basic concept at the moment?

As of right now there is a cybernetics and medical building (similar to an emergency room).

There will be a police station ((complete with a detectives office!!)) and I’ll be taking applications from folks who are interested in running that in any official capacity. In the interim until I can find one, it will have public access for any one who might want to try a law enforcement type character occasionally. They will be able to roleplay out conflict (within reason) to try and uphold ‘laws’ that are ((area rules legal)) occurring in Umber Point

There’s going to be a bank, leaving room for a roleplay economy, as well as potential heists.

Alley ways, dive bars, side streets, residential areas ((like a homeless enclave, but also a street for Personal Homes.))

I expect there to be a fair few shady folks (re: criminals) there, but there will absolutely be normal civilians as well! Interactions aren’t all going to be criminal or extreme in nature. The goal is for it to be a social area like Sinder…just a bit more lawless.

1 Like

Sounds really cool! From what it sounds like, you’ve got a lot planned for this area. I’d love to check it out when it’s fully complete sometime! I hope others find interest in it too as I believe it’d definitely be worth checking out.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m hoping there’s enough interest we can get it connected to Sinder off of a road somewhere. But we will have to wait and see.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this. I’ve always expressed an interest in a seedy element to Sinder sewers.

1 Like

Hope to see ya around then!

That sounds great! Will there be strange and mysterious underground churches and city nights full of strange mists.

I’m sure there will be many unscrupulous things to happen. Unfortunately I’m currently at my room limit, so I’m limited on what I can add without the help of others.

I’m sure when it opens up we likely could let others add their locals to the place no?

This sounds awesome! This’ll probably be my favorite area when it’s complete and I absolutely can’t wait to rp here. >w<

2 Likes

‘Construction’ on Umber Point has progressed as far as it will in the private sector.
I am currently looking for a Builder to take a look at Umber Point for me, as I would like to start the process of trying to make it Public.

1 Like

Took a stroll around. It’s a lovely place, I liked the mood. Followed up with OP in wolfery.

2 Likes

Thank you for looking! I resolved all of the issues that you brought up!

2 Likes

Have they looked at it since you fixed the issues yet or nah? (Really hoping this doesn’t come across as rude or annoying…)

Still waiting for approval and looking around again.

Umber Point is now accessible

Someone brand new to Umber Point can find it following these steps: Platform 2 in the Sinder Train Station, Gray Line to Theia, Red Line to Umber Point.

The Entrance road can be registered as a TP

Enjoy your time there and let’s all remember to be respectful of OOC declines if they occur!

3 Likes

Hello! Build Team here!

If you’re interested in linking to Umber Point (or most any other area owned by another user), please do the following:
► Contact Umber Point’s owner, have them look at your build to confirm its appropriate and up to their standards.
afterward, once you've obtained permission
► Contact the build team for a brief review and make a post on the forums in the Realms & Areas section with some summary information about the build you’re wishing to have linked in.

If you want to save some time in review:
► Be sure you have your exit transitions formatted correctly (check the info bubbles while editing the exits)
► Have your rooms in an area and your area info/rules set with similar rules to the would-be parent area
► …and be sure your room descriptions are at least mostly put together for the sake of establishing what the roleplay environment you’re introducing is.
(…and it never hurts to run your typed up stuff through a grammar/spell checker.)

With these things in order, it makes approving builds faster.

As always, if you’re looking to link something in publicly, you’re announcing that you wish for others to use the build in question regardless of whether you’re present - keep this in mind and request the appropriate type of exit for the situation you’re looking for.

Thanks and hope you all enjoy Umber Point!

4 Likes

For any and all that are interested in potentially doing this, PLEASE DO!! Umber Point is currently looking to expand it’s doors. We’re looking for local businesses, and private residences ((That fit within the vibe of the surrounding area.)) All Ideas are negotiable, and I’d be more than happy to discuss this with any one interested.

If you’re having issues building, and no builders are available, I’m also more than happy to assist myself with any questions you might have for building the areas and adding appropriate details.

5 Likes