[Linked] The Catwalk - Clothing store for Sinder

Hello, I noticed there’s no clothing shop in Sinder and that made a particular shopping trip a bit tricky. So, I want to open one!

I’ve put together an area already for The Catwalk which contains a variety of clothing ideas and includes sizes for our shorter and larger residents, as well as a little ‘local goods’ section to encourage some extra participation. My hope is that it can be a fun ‘shopping excursion’ for outfits and such, with a bonus easily-washable changing area where clearly nothing will ever happen nope perfectly innocent there.

I’d love it to be linked somewhere in Sinder proper. Would this be possible? kitten eyes

I saw this topic after I started to write this, but still think it’s worth a new post.

5 Likes

I know Sinder is like, a little busy. But, you don’t know how many times RP has naturally come to ‘I want to go to a store to buy’ clothes. Has come for me. It’s a very common theme and should be heeeere.

Ooooh! I love the idea of a clothing store. Of course everyone wants to be in Sinder, but it’s a sleepy little town. More old-fashioned than fashionable, right? Can’t let urban sprawl eat up our little slice of quaint! But heyyyyy… the City of Woodford just West of Sinder proper would be PERFECT for a fiery entrepreneur to open up a new strip mall shop or a fancy store along the road! What’s more archetypal than the ‘trip into town’ to go shopping? n_n

If you’re interested, I’d love to have you! Feel free to post or mail me a #RoomID and I can set it up for review!

1 Like

Ah sorry, I forgot to include the room ID: ‘coagiee9gbrr9s0opmig’

I’d like to make the changing room an instance for privacy, but I can’t do that myself unfortunately. I also still need to find an image for the changing room. But anyone is free to take a look! I want to keep it more on the cozy side and less on the big strip mall side, generally. Maybe Woodford still?

Well I lost my chance at convincing you.

I agree that Woodford would be perfect for this!

It looks like a fun little place. Woodford sounds like a natural fit for this.

I’d be sad if this gets pushed too far away from Sinder. Woodford tends to have some Silent Hill vibes.

I mean, there’s only as much space in Sinder, isn’t it? It’s a small town.

Do’nezo could benefit from a clothing store too, the market is a prime location for new wear. But it has a very specific theme that the catwalk doesn’t fit.

A small town with a 10-story apartment complex, two nightclubs, a bar, a gym, a spa, a pool, a rustic inn, an arcade, a flower store, a farm/stables, two restaurants and a cafe, a library, a theater, a dive shop and a general market… But zero clothing stores.

I think services-wise at least, Sinder is already kind of past the small town stage. :slight_smile:

I meant more in terms of the navigation, I suppose. The map is somewhat crowded.

I have to say, if the external area links (most of which are under a separate hub area too) are removed from that map to include only Sinder local places, it doesn’t look too crowded to me. There’s plenty of room at the Docks, or Oak alley at least.

1 Like

I really don’t think a store belongs to an oak alley, of all places.

Can you elaborate? To me it just feels a bit counterproductive that in one breath there’s worry of people not finding anything outside of the park to RP in and in the next, any attempts at bringing those RP environments closer to where the players gather naturally are shot down.

takes off the builder hat

(everything that follows is my personal opinion and does not represent the team)

I think it’s somewhat unreasonable to try and cramp everything in Sinder and there’s already too much. It’s unfeasible to remove stuffs from the town, but I really don’t see a problem of travelling 4-5 rooms to a shop you want to roleplay in. The experience shows it will just be another empty place seldomly visited by passerbys. There are more than enough empty rooms in a stone throw distance from the park.

The buildings in Sinder serve two purposes: to add more to the worldbuilding of sinder specifically (like the lighthouse) or to serve for gathering the people (like foxhole).

There is no story component to a clothing store and it won’t be a place that gathers crowds, so I’m not convinced there is any meaning to put in in Sinder specifically.

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.

If there is already too much in Sinder, why is it unfeasible to remove stuff? Why can’t the excess stuff be relocated to other parts on the outskirts of town? I think it would be more fair to all the other people building stuff to actually prune the other places that don’t draw a crowd either in Sinder.

I think it’s a little bit prejudical to say it couldn’t be a gathering place off the bat. That depends on a lot of things, including the effort that someone might want to put in to keep the place lively.

That’s what the nexus is for, supposedly. You can get to the store in three gos

The Catwalk is now linked and the City of Woodford welcomes its newest business! Congratulations to an aspiring new entrepreneur and fashionista!

3 Likes

Thank you for all the help, you made it very easy!

And to answer a bit to the above discussion, I’ll clarify that I don’t envision this as a ‘hangout place’. Everyone is certainly welcome to hang out there, but my focus is more on a fun destination for a scene. So it seems the consensus of Woodford works out, as it’s still easy to get to from Sinder proper since it’s just over the bridge!

5 Likes

Good thing is that The Plum wouldn’t be treated as a clothing store during the winter… right?