[LINKED!] [Building] Post office ‚Galitl Deliveries‘

Nari was working the last months together with boss wolf Accipiter on her plan to fulfill her dream of opening a post office in Sinder.
The building plans are now finished as an interactive holographic datapad arrives in Sinder‘s building department, ready to get inspected by the local authorities for approval.

The facts:
The main building is a hexagonal tower hosting the large post office with a personal mansion of the owner built on its roof. The mansion is divided from the official building via a password protected door.
The mansion hosts a secret dungeon for kinky play with clearly stated rules attached.
The post office hosts on top of that a large warehouse as well as access to the underground archives.

OOC: The about area sheds some light on what my plans are with the post office and everything attached. It will be a public building visible on the map of Sinder (Acci already received the modular addition).
The room that will get connected to the aggreed on location (North Westside Road) will be the postoffice ‚Galitl deliveries‘
Id: #ca7n3ve9gbrpjnfe2vt0

Feel free to take a look around :smiley:

@Soulwing, as I’ve said in game: like it :smiley:!
To have a post office and a delivery service is a nice add to Sinder.

It is currently quite a character-centric (Nari Galitl) post office, but as long as builders may tone that down if it becomes derelicted, that is fine with me. The modular way you’ve added it to the map also helps!

One thing I thought of though; the size of the private residence on the map is quite large, like the entire docks warehouse. Would it be okay if we shrunk it a bit, not to make it look so prominent?

1 Like

Shrinking down the post office is fine by me. I have connived the office part too large in foundation regardless. That part is either way more of a small tower going more into the vertical.
I would however size the warehouse down only a bit, and the office far more to render the difference more noticeable. The office hosts small letters (many however) and the warehouse large crates.

There are already a few IC description alternations in planned, mainly for the postoffice to allow non-levitating coworkers to access the files.
(A thing she did not consider yet.) So if it happens to become a derelict, what I try to not make happen, it will be upgraded so far, that everyone could work there.

Oh! So the large building behind the first is the warehouse? I thought it was the private residence! :sweat_smile: But as a warehouse, it makes more sense.

the private residence is the brownish part on top of the tower.
Nari wouldn‘t want a mansion on ground level, that is not her style.

(Also, who has a garden with crates behind their residence? :p)

Ok, sizing suggestion to make it more realistic:
Warehouse: Size it down to 2/3 of the docks warehouse.
Post office: Size it down by half, so that it is roughly as big as the train station house.

The architecture thoughts of mine.
(Might add a foundation map at some point)

Forgot to add a room teleport link for inspection…my bad ^^‘
Room teleport: #ca7nc7e9gbrpjnfe34g0

I’ll check in on this in the morning.
back routing for exits toward entry point
• nested areas with properly assigned parent area and any area info related to theme guidance or rules if differing from Town of Sinder in some way users need to be notified of. Otherwise looked more or less fine last time I was there.

The back routing I have taken care of last time you visited. Only issue is the password door. Because I don’t want a back there for obvious reasons. But I will add one for your visit to test it out
(to post office from foyer is the main debate)

Compromise: I add another teleport into the post office itself, so that there is one back route for those unable to get past the door and one starting from the entry point in the mansion.

Edit: I have now following back routes:
Starting point Foyer. Back gets you into the office into the office loop, all other rooms circle back to the foyer with back. The back down to the office will however be annoying because you have then to type in the password to return.

Starting point postoffice. Back will be reserved for the exit to Sinder. All accessible rooms circle back to the post office with back.

Starting point fun dungeon. Back gets you into the loop of the foyer route

Regarding the dungeon.
The rulings there are specifically stated and expanded in the description.

Looks good and its had enough hands on it. We can make any other changes in post. (no pun intended)

I’ve gone ahead and linked this to North Westside Rd in Town of Sinder.

1 Like

Chiming in just to say how very delightful I find the IC explanation for mail as “Nari just zips around taking care of it all, and she’s very good at it. Don’t overthink it. Also, don’t underestimate the efficiency of a single, dedicated, zero-friction kobold.”

1 Like

Giggles That’s pretty much what is happening. Ok, if we would make mail then completely lore according to Nari‘s craft they would all drop at a specific point on a day. ^.^

Well, that is not in its entirely true anymore. Galitl deliveries has recruited its first staff members, visible through an interactive exit in the post office room.~