[Linked] Arcade and Roller Skating Rink

I have built an Arcade called Joystix Arcade with working video games, a roller skating rink, and a snack bar with restrooms. In total, there are five rooms so far in the area, with all “back paths” leading to the main game room, where I intend to have the entrance/exit. All the photos were found with a search for public domain images then I applied some art filters to them.

The video games are linked text to archive.org hosting of mame games. So, they are safe links, and nothing is hosted on Wolfery.

I’d love to connect it to Sinder Lane, Sinder Crossing, or Town Center.

I’d like the area to be non-sexual roleplay. Update: Nevermind, normal kinks allowed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certainly eager to have a look.

Really hoping destination like this is accessible to everyone who wants it around for the roleplay they’d like to be able to do. People should certainly speak up on that front.

The existing buildings on the map create a bit of a traffic jam for fitting a building with a roller rink (they ain’t small and the buildings in town aren’t huge) admittedly compared to the visual space depicted - so I’ll have to wrestle with that a bit.
The clearest spots seem to be the NE side of West Sinder Lane or possibly a new room for road on Westside Road before the post office / library.

So I do already have an arcade attached to the Pizzaria, but it’s in the burrows and a but of a trek to find it.

Edit: Brain on 2 cylinders today- I meant to add on that maybe we can link things in the city with the one further out with something fun, like an underground train. Connect the burrows to the city center more directly?

Wasn’t @Finis or someone suggesting a mall?

I do believe Joystix does offer a slightly different experience, for example a focus on Hi-Scores with a public leaderboard, that could warrant a second arcade in a different location.

I’d be happy to show you and maybe swap some ideas.

Even if we want to tackle a mall, I’m not sure where we’d put such a thing in Sinder.

I always had the impression that the original creative idea was for Sinder to remain a small starting hub and for people to build new towns/locations away from Sinder, connected via the rail lines available in Sinder.

I think we might need some creative vision input from @Accipiter before we go too wildly modern/population boom with Town of Sinder. Could be kinda theme breaking to go shoe-horning too much directly on top of the small village town. ^^

Was the Pizzaria ever submitted for build review as a public area, or is it behind a hidden exit in another public sub-area?

Speaking generally: Sub-areas intended to be public areas independently operated by their own area owner, should go through at least a brief build review to make sure they’ve got the bare minimum stuff handled - until they have, they should remain behind hidden exits until a builder gives the thumbs up. (making sure ‘go back’ routine, travel messages, description formatting edits and area setup and info is properly set up)

All of that said, two arcades existing isn’t an issue. Different intended usage and themes made available in area info can quickly turn two different locations wildly different.

A good question- @FlooferFox linked it to the Burrows, which is linked in the forest- it is public, and I’m fair certain we had at least a couple builders through prior to making the exit public to check it out. That said, I remember that at least a couple builders and a couple moderators were at the public opening, so I’m pretty sure we were all checked out before then.

Definitely! Hit me up sometime and we can talk over things we can do!

1 Like

Good stuff.
Long as it was reviewed at some level by someone with builder tags specifically (since not all mods are builders). I’ll probably pop through and have a look in a sec.

#cblb71m9gbrtpnji3mrg is the room code if anyone wants to come check it out for themselves. Any constructive feedback is welcome, and feel free to submit any scores for the leaderboard.

1 Like

Area is linked to Town of Sinder. Matches theme well enough since its reasonably uncomplex and a good fit to provide some more basic, rural town entertainment. Otherwise, basic requirements for a public location are also met.

As with all Town of Sinder rooms, the sub-area follows the same rules and should be enjoyed accordingly. Do it in whispers/private if you need something not allowed in public. ^^

1 Like