Kumi Azai's Bookstore Info & Game Nights [Posted when I have time]

Hello there! It’s your friendly neighborhood Fox-Avali! Again…

Those of you who have hung out around me ICly would know that Kumi Azai has been ICly constructing and building a hobbyist bookstore not dissimilar to Card Kingdom (AKA Mox Boarding House), which is an IRL brick and mortar location where people would go to play collectible card games, trading card games, pen and paper roleplay games, and board games as well as buy those different games and just books in general. Card Kingdom specifically specializes in MTG, but I plan to go broader with this project since we aren’t constrained by anything but general common sense and our imaginations!

The bookstore I have been constructing with the help of a couple friendly and super helpful individuals is called Lost in the Pages and is going to be hopefully located right off of West Sinder Lane, and will have many various activities that can be performed. As it currently stands I have three rooms in the second floor of the bookstore dedicated to various hobbyist games.

The Tangerine Room: An orange room with a spruce forest feel with a long two sided table for playing dueling collectible card games. (Think Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, or Pokemon!)

The Cactus Room: A green and olive room with a desert feel with multiple round tables for Pen and Paper Roleplay games of all varieties, and a Magical Soundproofing feature for each table! (For Dungeons and Dragons, Starfinder, Pathfinder.)

The Velvet Room: A relaxed maroon and mahogany room with a regal feel that has tables for various board games and party games, with a lot of golden and marble accenting across the trims and walls. (Monopoly, Ticket to Ride, Catan, and Chess!)

The bookstore is mostly focused on selling books of all varieties, but also allows for these hobbyist games to be enjoyed in the three unique rooms mentioned above! The bookstore also has a second purchasing counter for all related Hobbyist game products, be it booster packs for the one card you want to pull, or single sales of expensive cards out of print. Character sheets galore for every imaginable TTRPG under the sun and fields of elaborately crafted miniatures. Rare and exotic editions of board games that never made it past most collector’s hands and expansion packs that were hard to obtain.

I am still working on a visual representational layout of the entire bookstore and have planned for the visuals to be done by the end of the month, however, most rooms have been constructed barring a few using elaborate multi paragraph descriptions that flow like a river of knowledge into the mind.

Finally speaking on my Idea of the game nights…
A once a week game night of any variety, held at the bookstore for anyone to enjoy.

I have been thinking that one of the better choices (Until I literally make a TCG from scratch for Sinder…) would be a Dungeons and Dragons 5e one shot! I think it would be a ton of fun and some people have expressed interest in a similar concept. It would be open to anyone, regardless of prior experience in the world of D&D, and is completely Optional. I also think it would be an absolute hilarious blast mostly due to the fact that roleplaying in a roleplay website is the most funny yet awesome concept I can comprehend at the moment.

Anyways, all in all, I think this place will hold a ton of potential for fun and enjoyable stories to be written and read, and encourage everyone to post any and all suggestions for things I should add or trim. My only request for those who are giving criticism, is to please leave negative focuses at the door and instead be constructive with how I can improve. Thank you for your time my fellow Wolfery Forum Creechurrs!

P.S - Don’t forget to pet the fox-vali.

2 Likes

It might be cool to have a list of links to ‘play online’ versions of board games for people who want to actually play a game with the people they meet in the store! Not that we can’t just RP, of course, but it might be nice to remind folks that’s possible.

3 Likes

A D&D oneshot in Wolfery would be awesome :grin:

3 Likes

EY YO, POGGY WOGGY UWU!

(Someone dared me to say this and I regret E V E R Y T H I N G.)