[Idea] God-powered/God-like play area

Hello hello! I just wanted to get an idea out that I had not too long ago, and see what other people think of it. This is the first large-scale area I have plans for so bear (;3) with me on this

Recently, and I don’t know if it’s just me or this has been super obvious for so long, I have seen an increase in demigods/gods/supernatural entities with potential for incredible power. I wanted to suggest an area like a temple or a crack in the rift that leads to another realm where deities roam, free to use their gifts to reshape the world as they see fit. Going back to the Temple idea, each room could be given to any god-like character for them to design their world. I would also set limits to regulate how many rooms a character can have in their area as well.

I bring this up as an idea because, once again, I am noticing a lot of powerful creatures with relatively no outlet for expression or roleplay. My main goal is to provide an area where powers, that are normally not accepted in most areas, can be used in ongoing RPs. I also hope this helps to minimize disruptions by those characters if there are any.

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder what really lies at the bottom of the chasm in the sacred valley.

2 Likes

Coming into this thread to vouch for Konner; he has a well-maintained area in Do’nezo that’s well laid-out and cared for.

2 Likes

OH I’m sorry XD I haven’t had a chance to really explore the sacred valley since i’ve been back! Is this something that was already done?

It’s not done per se, but there are quite a few ideas what might lie on the bottom of that chasm. What you mentioned was one of the options, and something I wouldn’t mind to be explored further (if you want to work on such an area).

1 Like

I would love to have a builder’s opinion and help on this! I’m at the chasm right now after exploring a bit of the valley some more and I think it would be the perfect place to build this! I’m sorry if this was already in the works though, it was just a random thought I had one day but if it’s alright with you I would love to start working on it together whenever we can!

I’m good with you working on that. Some ideas you might want to explore: the valley contains bits that were ruined even pre-rift; it’s home to mysteries that seek answers. How would a god-like area play into that? One option is that even gods succumb to the eternity. Even the all-power beings have some kind of an end. I was originally thinking they might not be happy about the entropy and thus the chasm is set up to give a bit of a creepy vibe, but I’m not insisting on that.

Given you want to expand the temple with pieces from other deities, it might be non-trivial; but look at the kitsune shrine – they totally made it fit by taking a ruined shrine and restoring it. Something like that might work for the place under the chasm.

Feel free to poke me IC for more brainstorming

1 Like

That is such a great idea! Also @Shinyuu has a great idea with the sacred valley chasm.