Help crash the server

Not the real server though, but the test server of https://test.mucklet.com !

I’ve tried to take counter-measures against malicious attacks. But I can only guard against attacks I can device myself. That is why I need more help.

About test.mucklet.com

The test realm is a mirror of Wolfery.com that will be reset with regular intervals…

• The test server is a replica of Wolfery, including login accounts.
  • The test realm live-resets to the latest backup of the Wolfery realm each day at 00:15 CET.
  • To persist anything in the test realm, you must create it in the Wolfery realm and wait for the reset
  • The API is available at: wss://api.test.mucklet.com . See this post for tips on bot coding.
  • More info about the API can be found by asking Accipiter.

Disruption

Can you successfully spam a room, a character, a mail inbox, etc., so much that the game becomes utterly unplayable for others? Lovely! :partying_face:

(Extra bonus points for disrupting a moderator enough to make them struggle to suspend you.)

DOS attacks

Can you come up with a way to make the test server unresponsive by overloading it with some heavy-to-process requests from a single computer? Wonderful! :blush:

Information leak

Can you find ways to figure out what characters belong to the same player? Terrific! :grin:

Abuse of power

Can you, as a moderator, abuse your power to get information about other players, to rid yourself of fellow moderators, promote yourself to admin, and take over the realm? Awesome! :sunglasses:
(Ask Accipiter in-game to promote you to moderator on the test server)

Server crash

Great honor for anyone able to crash the server all together! :star_struck:

And, you may come up with more fun things to try out.
Good luck on your mayhem!

/Accipiter

4 Likes

Do I get rewards for doing all of these if I just burn down every server room in North America to Europe?

1 Like

Physical attacks are excluded.

1 Like