Gathering interest in a regular story reading night

Gathering interest in potentially hosting a regular — perhaps weekly — night to get together and tell stories that we have written. If you are a writer and have a story that you would like to share in > Sinder, let me know, and perhaps we can take over Miranda’s The Library Reading Club for a few hours a week to share the things that we have written!

– Beholden of the Ode Clade

OOC:

This would be patterned off FurryMUCK’s Short Story Night, which is not limited to short stories and allows for the sharing of larger works serially. Stories/chapters are ‘read’ paragraph by paragraph, with enough time between posts to allow the attendees to read what has been posted. Wolfery allows for more complex formatting, which would be nice!

If there is interest, we can come up with guidelines for how best to share our works, but in general, it would be up to R rating, no longer than about 3,000 words per selection (with the option to let folks know if the selection goes longer, with longer selections read later in the evening). After stories are read, there is usually a short discussion of what folks enjoyed about it before moving on to the next.

I can also write a smol script that will do the reading with sections appropriately timed (each is passed through espeak so that they are posted at the approximate speed of being read out loud).

If this sounds up your alley, let me know and I can see about scheduling a thing and getting it all set up!

5 Likes

Feel free to use the library reading club for the gathering.

2 Likes

As long as Nick is mentioned, I’m in.

1 Like

I’m a writer, sadly not published, yet, I’d be happy to join a gathering of writers.

1 Like

I definitely like the idea! I’ve done some creative writing lately, but I’m interested in checking out my fellow furs works.

1 Like