[Forum Issue]Cannot Edit Old Posts (RESOLVED)

Okay, I got a submission after months for my graffiti wall project. But now I can no longer edit the thread to put the most recent art at the top. There are OTHER forum issues that have bugged me with that. (Notably, turning everything into .jpgs) Should I just… create a new post copy paste?

Huh? Oh, does Discourse Forum lock posts after a while too?
What takes most time is for me to find where to disable all these different types of features.
I did make an attempt at the jpgs conversion thing, but clearly failed.

If anyone has more Discourse knowledge, I am happy for assistance! :slight_smile:

Maybe I will look into it myself! Was hoping myself someone knowledgeable might show up.

It looks like I can still edit that post @WakuWaku, it may be something either Trust Level 3 members or Moderators in Discourse can do.

Okay, so… I dug around in discourse… The config settings are:
Composer media optimization image enabled
Can turn this off? There’s a threshold here defaults at 524 kb… Mmh, my image is 1.4 mb?

post edit time limit and tl2 post edit time limit
Pretty sure I’m tl2+ But even that only allows a edit time limit of 30 days. Can set this to 0? I don’t think it would cause too much harm.

The missing ‘log out’ button seems to just be a bug in Discourse. Which seems to be fixed in the latest version I downloaded.

It doesn’t seem to be in the settings GUI. Maybe I can find it in some settings file then.
What I tried was setting png to jpg quality to 100:

… as it says 100 should disable it. But it clearly didn’t.

Found it! I increased to 1 year to edit posts for Trust Level 2+ .
And yes, you were a Trust Level 2. I increased that to Trust Level 3 for your forum account.

Ah. Yes. We are slightly behind on the version. I haven’t dared to upgrade it, as upgrades can go haywire. But maybe I should still.

Ah, it should be in the Files section… Mmh, I am not sure what version of Discourse used here. I found these with a bit of searching the search box and am still not sure if that fixes the issue, heh. Just assumed that was the culprit. Can’t upload images to test on my end. :frowning: Thank you! I can edit my post again.

@Accipiter Okay, there is another setting that might actually more likely be the culprit: download remote images to local

1 Like

I’ve tried to disable it. Let’s hope that works! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, the one year has passed. I can no longer edit the post again. Haha, maybe I should really make a new thread.