Festival of Lanterns Costume Contest in Do'nezo

On Saturday, October 8th, the Fortress of the Four Winds opens for a costume contest in celebration of the Festival of Lanterns, which begins around the same time. The party will begin at 2022-10-08T20:00:00Z . The facilities will be decorated with a spooky theme and a party with food and drink will be held. Costumes will be judged later in the day, three hours into the party, though the party will continue afterwards. Guests are not required to wear a costume to attend, but those guests intentionally seeking to disrupt the atmosphere or event will be asked to leave.

The focus of this party is costuming, ‘spooky’ themes, and socialization. Characters of all ages are allowed to attend. While risque costumes (e.g. ‘slutty nurse’) are allowed, explicit sexuality is not welcome, and guests violating this rule will be swept. Guests who want to hook up should make use of any of the numerous private rooms within the fortress to satisfy their needs.

Guests are encouraged to write a text description or profile of their costume, or to draw a picture of their character in their costume. The contest will be judged not on final quality, but on effort and creativity – you do not need to be a master writer or professional artist to win. The use of magic or godlike tech to create your costume is very strongly discouraged.

To get to the party, take the train to Do’nezo, go east to the Bazaar, and head north into the fortress. The gardens and lounge will be used for the event, and the private rooms to the north will be open to guests.

12 Likes

I’ll try and make it. Saturdays are a busy day for me, so hopefully I’ll have time.

3 Likes

This gave me a cute new ref idea for Lady! Ill do my best to be there on time!

4 Likes

I’m very excited to attend! I will try to be there as best I can! Happy Halloween~

3 Likes

This sounds amazing! :smile_cat: I hope to be there!

1 Like

An update in character:

Snow has proclaimed he “doesn’t give a fuck” about the conflict in Linseria and “anyone bringing that into [his] fortress during the time of the festival will be forcibly ejected.”

More out of character:
I don’t hold any ill-will about the Linseria conflict, but I don’t want to mesh it with the fun and upbeat atmosphere of the Lantern Nights celebration. If you need an in-character excuse, holidays are often times of peace during war!

9 Likes

Can’t wait to join the festivities.

2 Likes

Sadly Lady may not be able to debut her new look at the contest, as the player has a helicopter roommate that like to drag the player away from home. Unless otherwise asked for removal, here is a peek at the new outfit however :heart: Lady’s Persian Onesie

6 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful!! She will be considered in the costume contest even if you as a player are absent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FYI I’ll only be free for the first two hours because of a friend’s b-day party but here’s the Lad as Tezcatlipoca the Aztec jaguar god of hurricanes and chaos.

7 Likes

Bryn and Magnus dressed as Steiner and Vivi from the dimension known as Gaia in the Ninth, both written as heroes of the realm. ((Final Fantasy IX))

6 Likes

Here’s my descpriton, best i can do and can only hope it can hold up to the rest:
He can be seen wearing a sinister and uneasing toothy smile anlong with an overall body posture that looks unstable… but yet very aware, head always lightly tilted but with eyes that feel like they are staring right into your soul (or atleast he attempts to), with an overall look of wanting more. What resembles dried (fake)blood can be seen clotting along his muzzle, matting the fur as it trails down his jaw and neck giving the black leopard dark red stripes and splats all the way down his chest and waist. Fangs, teeth and claws all stained a shade of red. With the palms being less dense with dark fur the presence of blood on their surface is all the more visible. His attire is not fairing much better, a white tank top, covered in a large red blood stain trailing down, shades changing from darker to lighter from his neck down, ending to about his waist, completely covering his chest. His blue denim jeans stained and matted with blood spots, dirt and dust, as if he just got out from a brawl in the woods.

4 Likes

Here’s Charim’s!

The Ram has donned attire more appropriate for colder weather; that being nearly nothing but thick aviation leather wear.
His hat is in the style of aviator’s caps long past. It is a deep brown color, nearly matching his bodily wool save for the front. The inside of the cap is obviously white wool, unfelted for maximum fuzz and insulation against the bitter cold wind of an open canopy. Upon the cap sits a pair of heavily metal-framed goggles. The side flaps somewhat mimic the classic Russian ushanka, the sides falling down to just past his jaw. Two holes cut out at the sides allow his horns to slip through, but hold his ears flat against his head, possibly making it a bit harder to hear. May have to speak up!
Further down, he’s wearing a button-up thick leather jacket. There are several pockets, but oddly enough, the jacket lacks a breast pocket. They’re all grouped up around the lower half of his torso. Perhaps it’s something to do with the wind from the open canopy of one of those old planes. Inside the jacket, it’s just as fluffy as the hat, if not more.
Further down, he wears very baggy pants that are nearly the same shade of brown as the leather, but not quite. They are not leather, but some sort of water resistant fabric, almost like what a windbreaker would be made of. They have heavy fluffy insulation inside, bulking up the look of Charim’s legs considerably. They have an elastic material around the leg holes, holding the cloth snugly against his leg, showing no wool.
Finally, covering his hooves are specialty boots made for hooves. Black and grey, they have a special outer material that repels water, same as his pants. They’re held on the leg by Velcro straps creating tension and preventing the hoof from slipping out. The sole is soft, plush material, and the tread is thick rubber, a wave pattern cut in to give more grip with every step. All in all, the boots’ height gives the ram four extra inches.

4 Likes

Alexander is a classic specimen of a male red fox, Vulpes vulpes through and through. His soft, fluffy orange fur shifts to a creamy off-white at his belly, under his muzzle, and at the tip of his bushy tail. His eyes are turquoise, tending more towards blue than green.

However, you can’t see his eyes right now. Currently, covering his face is an odd, soot-blackened curved piece of glass that wraps around and under his muzzle, fitting loosely up against his ears and held on by a thick leather strap looped through both sides.

He’s wearing a simple breastplate, thoroughly shined and polished to a mirror finish. His legs and feet are covered by iron greaves and boots built for digitigrade folks, and his hands have a pair of similar gauntlets. Large navy-blue pieces of glass have been affixed to his hips, the sides of his face, and his shoulders that shine with an almost unnatural glow - a bit of magic, to be sure, but such a minor one as to be easily replicated by an LED and a battery.

Ultimately, he’s the spitting image of an orange protogen, as envisioned by a person with no access to technology.

5 Likes

Chamomile’s Outfit!

Posting here because Chamomile wasn’t able to from mobile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Redesigned the mask that I have on Fissal’s normal avatar and switched up the background.

They’ve switched out their mask for a Jack-O-Lantern themed one. One side having the ripple of a pumpkin, the other showing off a wicked smile. Their crop top and skirt have been replaced with a assortment of black, torn rags; tightened together by belts and chains of the same fashion. All of this gives them the appearance of a soldier back to life, a Headless Horseless Voiceless Horseman!

Wisps of black smoke emanate from their feathers as they move, disappearing in the air after a few inches. The mask itself seems to glow, like there’s actually a flickering candle on the inside. Most of these effects are probably due to Fissal casting a cursed song on herself.

funny tf2 hhm reference

4 Likes

9 Likes

Evamal has painted her entire body in a lime green color and gave her accents a cartoony finish to look like a caricature of herself.

She removed her futuristic arm and replaced it with a plain prosthetic without many options. An arm she once was forced to wear, but now wears because it is fun to remember just how clunky it was.

All in all a cartoony self-interpretation of herself .
(And the first time I drew her. This was from 2020.~)

4 Likes

Stormy will not be there because IRL reasons!

She is wearing a black and white, wolf skull patterned pair of leggings and a cream white hoodie~ also with black devil horns headband.

Not so much a costume as a general outfit vibe, since I won’t be there.

Original idea was an all-out Eddie from Stranger Things cosplay in her skulldog form.

3 Likes

The contest has concluded. The judges’ choices:
1st place: Laurence White Earth
2nd place: Fissal the Virtuoso
3rd place: Dominic Ricken

Community’s Choice Winners:
Chiaoscuro Themyst and Chamomile Gale!

7 Likes