[Feature] Split kinks

So it’s been a while I was thinking about splitting the kinks in two collapsible categories, one “Having” and the other one “Wanting”.

For example, there’s small and there’s large. In my situation, i love size difference, meaning i’m at the same time large, and am looking for small ones. However, when someone searches by kinks, they may look for small, hoping to find small ones, but instead will find me, a large dragon.

I know the example isn’t the best one, but i hope you get the idea.

I wonder if this might be something you could handle with custom kinks to clarify? So, for your size-difference example, you could add both small and large to your list but also a pair of custom kinks for “small-you” and “large-me” so that if someone’s searched by either of them and found you, they know at that point whether they might be a fit.

I’d prefer a solution that doesn’t make the core experience of adding and looking at kinks more complicated, especially since there are some kinks - ‘humor’, for example - that really don’t have a directionality at all.

I usually use ‘large’ and ‘small’ to mean my character, and I was going to suggest ‘macrophile’ or ‘microphile’ for looking for big/small, but that implies more extreme than just size difference.

(And a short fat person can be small AND large! :D)

This is a discussion I know we had earlier in the Park during beta.

Some preferred the more detailed tags, like F-List, where you had different “tags” for receiver and giver. And while that has its benefits, I went with fewer and more generalized tags where you can use custom description to detail your own meaning of it.

The benefit of this approach is simplicity and searchability, which I like :slight_smile:

And as for Windy’s small/large; I tried to categorize them into:

• Character attributes - refers to the attributes of your own character, such as small or large (@Windchaser, you are using it just the way I intended :grin:)
  • Preference - what preference of roleplay you have, without detailing things like receiver/giver
  • Attraction - what type of characters (species, gender, etc.) you are attracted to. They are always written in plural, like “canines” .
1 Like

I can also mention that there is some incomplete support for parental structures with tags.

Meaning, we could in the future have these three example tags:

size difference
├─ smaller female
├─ smaller male

And if you search for size difference, you would find character with all three of them due to the parent structure. Of if you wish to be more specific, you can type smaller male.

But as said, that is just partially implemented.