[Feature] Reorder characters

I can be a bit of an organization freak sometimes, and it irks me that my characters are listed in the order they were created. :sweat_smile: It would be nice to be able to reorder them so that say, Chippy could be listed last on my command bar, rather than having him sit in the middle of Xetem and alts made after Chippy.

2 Likes

I agree. It would be nice to reorder and organize my characters is my characters in the character list and also in the awake characters tabs above the input window.

It is even worse than you think; they are not listed by date of creation, but sorted by their ID - which often tends to sort the same as creation time, but not always.

Yes. We need custom sorting! :sweat_smile:

I fully agree.

To simplify, shouldn’t it be sufficient if the console’s “awake” character tabs follow the same sort order as your character list?

2 Likes

Actually yes, that would be sufficient design - I don’t imagine people will need more complexity most of the time unless they prefer particular shortcuts for particular characters they have logged in at any moment. There are times where people might want alt+1 to be the primary focused character at any moment - but yeah, they could simply reassign the character in the list they run to attain the same result as a work around to otherwise temporary positioning needs and then manually change the order again later - so long as the order will reactively change things around as they change list order in the character list.

1 Like