[feature] More promiment tags

People tend to use tags not only for their f-list-esque preferences lately, but for general interactions too, and I must say it takes a bit to get to any person’s tags, with the about part collapsed by default and then having to scroll to the very bottom. Tags aren’t just much discoverable.

I think it might be better if we could ‘promote’ several tags (three or four based on the horizontal space) to show up right below the portrait. That’d make the important interaction bits to stand out way more (especially stuffs like ‘no women’ or ‘no anthros’).

2 Likes

I tend to use the “whois” or “wi” command to find the tags on someone quickly, but I agree that having a couple tags shown before any of the others would he nice to quickly gauge another.

2 Likes

Tags below portrait do feel a little meat market, no? I dunno, I’m a little iffy with tag systems and being ‘shopped for interest’.

2 Likes

I feel a bit ambiguous about it.

If it is info players want to find quickly, then you want to make it more easily accessible in the UI.

But at the same time - the reason why I originally decided to have the About collapsed by default is that I wanted to have “meta-info” (info not directly known by other characters) to be something you need to actively choose to see, rather than having it in-your-face.

What would be a good compromise?
A client setting where you can toggle between the different behaviours?

3 Likes

I don’t think we need that in addition to what we have already. And I agree with @WakuWaku here, I’m afraid adding more meta stuff would devalue everything else about characters.

You can already search specific tags and add any information anywhere in your profile. Nothing really stops you from writing your tags at the top of your description.

Maybe you’d want it to be more noticeable? Then I suggest @Accipiter adding advanced text formatting, including colouring and tag frames, to the list of Supporter’s features. Sorry if that’s already planned.

Also, Support system official release when?

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t belive I haven’t thought of that before, that’s really smart^^

I like this, I think it needs to be a feature as well.

1 Like