[Feature] Extened focus command

Issue:
The focus command is a very useful tool whenever roleplaying with other members, however with only a few colours to work with, whenever roleplaying with more than a few people it can become difficult to differentiate which character is which, especially if you want to colour code them. I would like to be able to expand the focus command. Whilst I think having the standard array of colours is still nice, think having the ability to instead of using a colour name in text, input a hex colour code which then gets used as the focus colour would be a good fix.

IE: 3 characters Alice, Bob and Charlie are being focused on, each with a different colour red using the wikipedia colours Alice has a Cardinal Red coat, and Bob a rusty red coat. Charlie has a regular red coat. Old option would be one character gets red, one gets pink, which doesnt fit either of them. New method would be “focus Alice = #C51E3A” next “focus bob = #DA2C43” finally “focus charlie = red”. Should mean that you would be able to go a lot more detailed for colours for each of the different characters, whilst also being able to have multiple characters share similar colours, but still be able to tell them apart due to how they are shaded. If this is not possible, expanding the list of accepted colours would help a lot, or potentially having an option to toggle avatars next to names in the chat.

3 Likes

Moving this to #bugs-and-features, Glad to hear someone else had the same idea as me.

2 Likes

I do wonder if the current system is just leaning on default assigned template color list or something.

1 Like

This is totally doable. And it is actually already in my “Todo” list :grin:
(Copied from my Trello)

HTML Focus colors

Allow setting focus colors using HTML codes.
Selected focus colors should be stored on the character for next time focus is used.

However, I am not sure about using Wikipedia colors, as they sometimes really doesn’t go well with the rest of the color scheme of the client.

So, I’d rather have a set of distinct colors that matches well, but allowing #HTML colors for freedom!

2 Likes

I was just using Wikipedia colours as an example since its all unified, (Much harder to give exact colour examples since everyones version of “scarlet” and other named is slightly different) but #html colours are basically what I was looking for. Thanks for confirming that its on the way!

2 Likes