[Feature] Customizable teleportation texts

Hi hiii~

I’m not sure how technically feasible this is, but I noticed how teleportation follows the same structure as room exits (leave, arrival and travel messages) and its always a message about appearing and disappearing in a flash of light!

But I kind of like to imagine that I just spread my wings and fly wherever I need to instead of the provided teleportation description, so maybe these messages could be customized? I think it would be fitting to see a winged person just fly away whenever they teleport and also land when they arrive somewhere, for example, but also people who makes heavy use of technology and magic can customize how their means of travel look like from an outsider’s perspective!

In my case I’d do it like…

• Leave text: “Aura spreads her wings and flies away.”
  • Arrival text: “Aura flies in and lands softly, before folding her wings.”
  • Travel text: “Aura flies away.” (um… this might be a little pointless, but not a bad thing to have!)
2 Likes

I’m not sure how feasible the teleportation messages per character are; but what about custom messages for destination rooms? That’d make the public teleport areas a bit less obnoxious.

1 Like

Ooohh, that could work nicely as well! I’ve seen places with dedicated teleportation gates, it would be more fun in context for people to walk in and out of them instead!

See reply in: No-teleport rooms - #9 by Accipiter