[Feature] Attach nickname to character profile

I’ve got a character/s that I’m planning on having join Wolfery as soon as I’m done working on other things and was wondering how difficult it would be to be able to have a character profile-attached ‘nickname’ for a character. This nickname would only show up in the chat log in place of their first name, and possibly be used to help address the character for say the address or page command (but that part is completely optional, as their real first name would still be plastered across the UI).

The reason I suggest is because these characters are a conjoined twin, and it’d be nice to be able to talk as one or the other without both of their names coming up in chat. Now my plan for now is to just overuse the describe command for chatting as one, the other, or a rapid swap between the two, but I though I’d through the idea out there.

I’ll also add that this could also be convenient for folk who may have a longer first name that may prefer that their name in chat be their shortened nickname. I don’t know if anyone’s already in that position, but the though crossed my mind so I thought I’d mention it.

1 Like

Twins? I would say; use two characters. Conjoined twins?! Oh my! :sweat_smile:

I will have to consider how your suggestion would play out.
But I also see how our aelith, Lek, could make use of this.

/Accipiter