[Feature] Addressing the overlap between "focus @all" and "mute travel"

The expected behavior when using focus @all is for the browser to send a desktop notification whenever there is a new message in the log, regardless of who it came from or what type of message it is.

The expected behavior when using mute travel is to compress travel messages into a pill so that they do not flood the log.

What is the expected behavior when both of these settings are active?

Currently, the result is that the log hides the travel messages in their little pills but there is still a desktop notification for every travel message.

I think what should happen is that travel messages should not send notifications if they’re being gagged in the log.

Alternatively, focus @all could send no notifications for travel messages in general, and instead have a new checkbox in the notifications settings “Notify on travel” or something.

4 Likes

Honestly this is a good point, I rarely use the focus command but I can see how it would be annoying in the lobby during the quieter times.

I totally agree here!

The “intended” (even if I never thought about that scenario, thus having missed coding for it :sweat: ) would be for muted messages never to trigger notification.

And it should be a 5 min fix. So it is a no brainer.

But like having non-muted travel messages trigger notifications on focus @all. This is because I personally use it to notify myself when someone enters my cabin, or if someone steps out of the train when I am controlling Tom (which I haven’t done in a looong while. But still.).

1 Like

Oh, I’ll chime in on this while you’re in there Acci.

I’ve noticed that if a muted character uses one of your mention triggers you’ll get a notification, seems like the same kind of overlap.

3 Likes

I have to revise this.
I will let focus <Character> have priority over muting (ignore <Character> and mute travel).

But focus @all will NOT have priority over muting.