Client desync from user state

Odd one last night. I walked from the Town Center to Station Park and ended up in a condition where I was getting the talk messages from the Park but nothing else. I was seeing the previous room, users, etc, but clicking on any of them generated ‘not found’ errors.

When trying to refine the console log to see what was related to the issue, I lost the log, so I don’t have that. What I suspect is that there was a network blip at a very inopportune moment.

I had a similar issue the other day, but figured it was because of something I’d done… I teleported and still had everything showing my home, except for the chat. Tried teleporting again and no change. Without thinking it might be a bug, I refreshed the page and that fixed it so I moved on with things.

Yeah, exactly what happened. I was worried it might be the server getting stressed out, but I think this is more client side.

Thanks for reporting it @Talon!
I highly doubt the server being stressed :slight_smile: . So far it hasn’t even started to break any sweat what so ever, afaik.

I think it might be related to the client stops updating issue, which is one that puzzles me quite a bit.

In that issue, I’ve seen the gateway properly sending the data/events to the client, but I don’t see it arriving under the client’s Network tab. At least that is how I interpret it.

But all info is good! It might or might not be related. In any case, I need to resolve it.

I got one!

wolfery.com-1656304421866.7z (1.6 KB)

Oh! That is indeed an error of interest.

Resource XXXX not found in cache is nothing we should ever see.
This might be due to a resclient bug that has eluded me for quite a while!

I have never succeeded in replicating it in a controlled test though.
Thanks for reporting, Talon!