Character cap increase and mailing while asleep

So like… I think we should be able to have a maximum of 6 characters instead of 5. I know I can just make another profile, but it’s too much of a pain to remake the about section and the tags and such. Some people cant have another account, sooo yeah. Also- Another suggestion: You should be able to message/mail when none of your characters are awake… for reasons.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Character limit

The 5 characters limit might seem a bit arbitrary. But the limit is based on normal account usage (pre-launch), and an approximation on disk space for image (5 characters × 5 profiles).
We are currently running on a fairly small server, so I am a bit hesitant with increasing it.

But once I have implemented a way for players to support the project, the supporters will get much higher character/character profile/room profile caps, and access to some additional non-essential features.

That is at least my plan regarding it :slight_smile:

Sleep mailing

The reason why I didn’t allow that is to avoid lurk-communication, that can be used for harassment or spam. So far, I’ve restricted any type of communication (direct like mail, or indirect like setting your species) while not awake.

But I can see why one would like to be able to do it. Currently, the only ones able to do it are admins.

But I can be open to listen to the community on this one.

3 Likes

Which reasons?
A few examples could help spell out the practical examples we’re facing where we might need this functionality.

2 Likes

I’m slightly confused – why’d you have six different characters with the same about section and tags to begin with?

I wish the about section and tags could be changed with profiles. Right now it is just description? I don’t know how people play so many. I suggested the limit be three have people spotlight their characters more!

2 Likes

Truth be told, I really enjoy seeing well developed characters that people have put some time into, especially ones where a user has actually got some of their own art for it (regardless of the perceived skill level of the art in question).

It makes me much less anxious about interacting with a character which may simply end up deleted by their user the first time the wind blows a different direction.

2 Likes

What about those that are not financially stable enough to support Wolfery, but are not in a bad enough place to not be able to play on it, I mean I have to have 4 accounts to be able to make all my ideas. But I am not well off enough to pay, though I would if I was.

It seems that you already have a solution to the issue: multiple accounts. This should be fine until you are able to financially support Accipiter in the project once he gets that implemented. Until then, everybody is in the same boat whether or not they have the money to spare.

I was only giving myself as an example, as you said, I have a sort of solution, it may not be the best, but it works.

Funny thing is, I’m dumb. I posted this right before I realized I didn’t need another email for another account x3 Sorry guys!